Author Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 7592 times)

guest1138

New to the Forum
« on: November 25, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself first and also ask a question regarding where to post a topic. My names Matt (from replikit) and I just purchased my second Jazz (54 Reg this time). Love the cars, extremely economical and awesome looks!

I've decided to modify this Jazz that i've got after travelling to a few places in the world where Jazz's are extremely popular within the modified scene..

Its black at the mo and at present, i've got a mugen front bumper, mugen side skirts and a mugen rear spoiler. Not too sure in regards to the back as I may either put a S2000 diffuser on there or just go with the Mugen rear bumper. Trying to get hold of the ING's kit for the jazz but they are extremely hard to get hold of. Anyone know any info on how to get hold of 1?

My question was... in which forum can I start a new topic in which I can post updates in regards to my Jazz and a place where I can put photos up etc to keep everyone up to date with my project? Hopefully someone can point me to the right direction...

Speak to you all soon!

Matt

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: New to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:07:55 AM »
Welcome welcome  ;D

No disrespect to the forum but I dont think this forum is the type for people like us who like to mod their cars but I was going to suggest to RichardA to add a modifaction area on the forum so that could be an idea.

At the moment, I've just got a thread in the relevent Jazz section in terms of posting updates on the car.

The problem (that I've found) with mods on the Jazz is that suppliers tend to be overseas (US, Singapore, HK etc) so whatever we can get, it will be very expensive due to shipping costs and maybe getting stung for tax and customs.

All the best and look forward to your updates  :P

Gary

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 01:09:41 PM »
No disrespect to the forum but I dont think this forum is the type for people like us who like to mod their cars but I was going to suggest to RichardA to add a modifaction area on the forum so that could be an idea.
It's less common in the UK, as insurance companies don't like you to deviate from the manufacturers' specs.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
Hello and welcome :)

Modders are welcome here, it's just that there are very few around! I've heard of a Jazz being modified by a company who tunes up Skylines, Evo's, etc., but otherwise the only moddified Jazz I know of is a yellow 55 reg Jazz on black aftermarket rims I sometimes see on the way to work.

You can start a new topic in the Members Gallery forum with photos of your Jazz:
http://clubjazz.org/forum/member%27s-gallery/

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 09:14:11 AM »

It's less common in the UK, as insurance companies don't like you to deviate from the manufacturers' specs.

Agreed- hence why they will either put the premuim up accordingly or not insure you at all.

I'm no boy racer but I take pride in my cars and would do "tasteful" mods and anything I do, I would ring up the insurance company to ok it first.

The other thing I would say is that I came from an EP3 Civic Type R with some mods which was all declared and it was the longest car I've ever owned (+7yrs) and I still miss her  :'(

I personally feel that in the eyes of some people, if you do any sort of modification to the car, you are classed as a "boy racer/ barry boys" and thats not fair.

But all IMO  :P

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 01:57:23 PM »
Yo Matt! ;D

guest1138

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:50:02 AM »
Thanks and hi to everyone.

As said above, i've seen modified jazz's in other parts of the world other than UK but funny enough, we (Replikit) supply aftermarket parts for the jazz and produce everything here in the UK ourselves.

Insurance wise, very true... unless you dont tell them and be careful!

Well, i'll start putting some photos up within the week to keep you all updated in the gallery part of the forum. Talk to you all on there!

Matt

Tags:

anything