Author Topic: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?  (Read 201427 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Reply #690 on: February 01, 2023, 11:37:21 PM »
Good numbers. I take it that is from the dashboard display.

dbjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2007 1.4 SE CVT
« Reply #691 on: February 01, 2023, 11:56:10 PM »
yes - by setting the trip mileage to zero at the start of each run and reading the mpg at the end. Quite difficult to maintain 60mph without cruise, mind.

Are they good figures?  I hope to improve them by blanking the EGR and with the new iridium plugs.  Those runs were with a new upstream O2 sensor.

I've found, with similar tests on previous cars, that super unleaded gives 5% to 10% better mpg, as well as better performance which makes it well worth paying 5%-10% more for.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #692 on: February 02, 2023, 09:48:16 AM »
yes - by setting the trip mileage to zero at the start of each run and reading the mpg at the end. Quite difficult to maintain 60mph without cruise, mind.

Are they good figures?  I hope to improve them by blanking the EGR and with the new iridium plugs.  Those runs were with a new upstream O2 sensor.

I've found, with similar tests on previous cars, that super unleaded gives 5% to 10% better mpg, as well as better performance which makes it well worth paying 5%-10% more for.
I AVERAGED 55 mpg (calculated) over six and a half years with my Mk 1 Jazz. I also found an improvement using 97 RON but when I worked out the numbers I didn't find it cost-effective. I suppose it depends on where you buy your petrol and the price you pay. I used supermarket petrol but had to buy Shell 97 RON so there was a marked difference in price. I found the car felt smoother on the better petrol but that may have been placebo effect.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 02:11:06 PM by Jocko »

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #693 on: February 04, 2023, 11:07:29 AM »
im wondering where your finding unleaded lol??? or badges as unleaded.. but ive found with E.10 mine has a slightly better economy but on E.5 it runs smoother

glenz75

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2003 1st gen Jazz
« Reply #694 on: February 07, 2023, 11:34:58 PM »
At the moment my Jazz is doing 40mpg in between fills - mainly city and stop/start driving so not too bad. Once I sort a couple of issues it has then hopefully it might return an even better mpg.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 11:38:08 PM by glenz75 »

jaxabin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk1 2005
« Reply #695 on: May 27, 2023, 08:15:06 PM »
I'm getting about 48 mpg mostly ring roads and sometimes stuck in traffic according to the odometer. It's my first car so I'm definitely not driving super economically yet so I'm happy with it

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #696 on: May 27, 2023, 08:28:18 PM »
The "Fibometer" as it is referred to here is a bit optimistic at times. You are best calculating every time you top up. You can use a site like https://www.spritmonitor.de or https://www.fuelly.com/
SpritMonitor is in English if you select the Union flag.

jaxabin

• Approved Member
« Reply #697 on: May 29, 2023, 05:59:38 PM »
The "Fibometer" as it is referred to here is a bit optimistic at times. You are best calculating every time you top up. You can use a site like https://www.spritmonitor.de or https://www.fuelly.com/
SpritMonitor is in English if you select the Union flag.

Thanks. I made a note of when I filled up so I'll start logging it on paper each time i fill up

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #698 on: May 29, 2023, 06:31:57 PM »
Thanks. I made a note of when I filled up so I'll start logging it on paper each time i fill up
I do that too!

jaxabin

• Approved Member
« Reply #699 on: May 31, 2023, 09:41:08 PM »
My first ever petrol filling alone!! I went to full tank. 247.8 miles and 28.67 litres at the tank so mpg of about 39.29

I'll hopefully increase that as I get better at driving

jaxabin

• Approved Member
« Reply #700 on: June 06, 2023, 09:46:40 PM »
Filled up again today. 231.8 miles and 20.11 litres of fuel to top up again
gives a mpg of 52.40 which is surprising! This time it was mostly country roads and motorway miles, not too much city driving. I didn't know cars are so much more efficient on faster roads

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #701 on: June 07, 2023, 09:06:42 AM »
My 2006 1.2S returned a calculated figure of 55 mpg over six and a half years and 62.500 miles. When I moved to Edinburgh and started to do more urban driving, the mpg dropped off considerably.

scratchabout

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk1 1.4 CVT
« Reply #702 on: June 30, 2023, 12:33:27 PM »
Distance on each leg 120 miles, bit of town then motorway driving, from the dashboard:
On the way out taking an unnecessary risk on motorway up to 15mph above the limit (not something to be recommended) 43 mpg.
Being a good boy and running along 60-70 something to be recommended) 61mpg.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #703 on: June 30, 2023, 02:29:45 PM »
Good numbers even though it was from the "Fibometer". Shows you how much petrol you can save by keeping the speed within the limit.

Rocco

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 55
  • My Honda: 2008 Jazz
« Reply #704 on: July 19, 2023, 08:29:50 AM »
I have to admit, I am a pretty economical driver in general, minimal breaking, long stopping distances and no rush to reach the speed limit.  After a 20-mile journey home with the car last night, I turned it off with 67mpg on the dash, although it was had fallen down to 56mpg whilst at 70mph.  Pretty happy with that.

Tags:

anything