Author Topic: New Jazz  (Read 908 times)

blackjazz10

• Registered Member
  • GE6
  • My Honda: 2010 GE6
New Jazz
« on: May 29, 2023, 03:11:46 AM »
 :P

Do these wheels look goofy?

Maybe the car needs lowering a bit?

Also, I tried to put a short ram intake on, had the map sensor but the ecu was not happy, lots of idle issues and misfiring.

I will get the car tuned for the new air intake but how come others seem to be able to change the intake and their cars work okay?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 03:14:30 AM by blackjazz10 »
To be brutally honest, I prefer Toyota's  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: New Jazz
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 07:24:33 AM »
Are the tyres a  lower side wall profile than recommended for the  jazz on that diameter of wheel ? 

Lowering is a personal preference  but I wouldnt do it if its just to make the wrong size tyres look better. 

There are various wheel size/tyre calculator web sites  that give accurate overall wheel/tyre diameters etc.   By using these and maybe very accurate use of photoshopping  you might be able to create virtual' before and after' images of your car   before spending any cash. 

I cant help with intake. Maybe the modifications some make  are not actually making the hoped for  significant  difference to actual performance and tuning.   ;D  Or they are  tolerant of any downsides.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 07:38:05 AM »
Spot on ..... if the circumference is different then the speedo and mileometer will be wrong.
Let's be careful out there !

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 08:46:01 AM »
They appear to be the incorrect offset and the tyres too low profile and yes they do look silly IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 10:58:45 AM »
They appear to be the incorrect offset and the tyres too low profile and yes they do look silly IMHO.

My opinion too. Basically very little to gain messing around with that but as long the circumference stays true (max 5% dev,) and you no exceed width vs. rim and offset is within spec (+/- 7.5%) you should be good.
Messing with the intake is a no-no unless you are a pro, remap the ECU etc. etc.

Found this calc. to be useful: https://wheelsco.ca/pages/wheel-size-calculator

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 11:57:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Not only do they look "goofy" but they look illegal sticking outside the arches as they do.
For tuning knowhow I recommend you visit https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/ These are the guys into tuning the Jazz/Fit.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 02:15:26 PM »
I suspect that your insurance is also invalid.

blackjazz10

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • GE6
  • My Honda: 2010 GE6
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 03:31:46 PM »
Can confirm the offset if definitely wrong.

The circumference shouldn't be too far off, tyres are 185/65/15. This was the standard tyre size on my Yaris, of which these wheels are from.

I will check out the fitfreak forums and see if I can find out more about the 'tuning' of these cars. Doubt there is much performance to be had but a free flowing intake always sounds nice :)
To be brutally honest, I prefer Toyota's  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tags:

anything