Author Topic: Crosstar Second Service 20,000  (Read 1102 times)

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
Crosstar Second Service 20,000
« on: May 24, 2023, 06:44:26 PM »
Hello Folks,

My Crosstar was serviced this week at just over 20K - 2 year service interval.  I had the freebie service plan to call on, so that felt good! 

One thing that was unexpected, in a good way, was that the brake pad wear all round was rated by the technician as <10%.  Thats the regen braking effect right there.  I'm a D favouring driver rather than B as well.   

Nothing much else to report, car was a bit dirty - it had the best freebie clean of the last 12 months too! 

Service time - about 3 hours. 

Cheers! 

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Crosstar Second Service 20,000
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 08:33:43 PM »
I take it you'd already had the camera recall done?

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 10:46:30 PM »
Yep, last Sept or thereabouts  :)

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 08:53:58 AM »
Mine's coming up for it's 3rd service in a few weeks. When I booked it in they said brake fluid needs replacing but implied the cost wasn't covered by the free servicing package, I'm not surprised but worth taking into account if you're buying a new one. The free part relates only to oil change, oil filter and pollen filter apparently?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 12:17:35 PM »
Mine's coming up for it's 3rd service in a few weeks. When I booked it in they said brake fluid needs replacing but implied the cost wasn't covered by the free servicing package, I'm not surprised but worth taking into account if you're buying a new one. The free part relates only to oil change, oil filter and pollen filter apparently?
If the work is listed on the standard Honda service check sheet (and brake fluid every 3 years is listed) then it is included in the Honda service plan although the letter from Honda mentions the service schedule in the handbook as the reference. The attached is for my HR-V (which also has the warranty extension - note that topping up of fluids is not included). The big bill comes at the 6th service.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 08:39:33 PM »
Hi John, how much will I need to save up for service 6?  :o

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 02:04:34 PM »
I think I have answered (roughly speaking) my own question by doing a search on this site on an old thread

So if anyone's interested.....year 6 and 7 service cost - approx (based on previous model)

I've just taken out a Honda "Tailored Servicing" contract for the servicing and MOT's for years 6 and 7 at a total cost of £691.70 paid over the two years.  This does not include replacing the plugs as I expect the mileage by then to be only around 60,000, (Covid permitting!)

Gives an indication at least.  I think its sensible to assume there will be deals to be had at Honda dealers, come the time. Moot point if you are trading in a 5 years, but if the cars still good to go, seems like it will be at least economic to keep longer  ;D

Tags: