Author Topic: ACC cruise control cuts out if I override it  (Read 985 times)

snarks

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
ACC cruise control cuts out if I override it
« on: May 24, 2023, 06:15:56 PM »
ACC is great. Love it. But I have a problem.

If I'm behind a slower vehicle, it slows me down. If I then want to overtake it, I can accelerate and pull out, and that overrides the ACC. Sometimes, however, when I do that, the ACC cuts out and will not engage again until I stop the car, turn it off, and back on again.

Has anyone else had this? ACC basically having a strop about me daring to override it?

Phil. :'(

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
Re: ACC cruise control cuts out if I override it
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 06:24:39 PM »
Hi there, no, mine works perfectly.  Are you touching the brake at all? If so, that will override the ACC of course, but resetting can easily be done on the fly, no need to stop etc as you mentioned. 

Might be a visit to the dealer if you think there's a malfunction

Cheers!

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 01:23:22 PM »
Agree, first make sure the brake isn't touched even momentarily. Then suspect something wrong.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 04:29:06 PM »
It should resume accelerating up to its set speed as soon as the road ahead is clear.   The ACC sometimes accelerates quite aggressively to achieve its target speed as quickly as possible  ,so I sometimes  manually build up speed at a more sedate and fuel efficient rate before coming off the throttle and letting ACC take over.

As others have suggested are you sure you are not subconsciously also braking when the ACC is slowing  for the vehicle ahead?

This temporarily stops  ACC but even then  it should resume again when you press the RES/+  button.   But I've just tried mine and the res/+  button is close to the 'cancel ' button.  Its possible with a bit of 'fat finger' you could press both buttons at once and switch ACC off completely .    If this happens you may need to  start from scratch by pressing the black button with the speedo symbol, possibly toggle the 'lim' button to select  ACC rather than a limiter, then re set your desired speed.  A bit of a faff  but with practice, and if road conditions allow, its possible to do it on the move.  You shouldnt need to stop and power down. If you do its a fault.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:31:53 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

snarks

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 09:26:13 AM »
No I wasn't braking - I was accelerating to overtake, and at that point the ACC would cut out and refuse to re-engage until the car was rebooted.

It went in for a service yesterday, I asked here so as to get some more information to discuss with the garage, and last night the problem did not occur whilst driving up the motorway. It looks to me like a routine software update has fixed it.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 07:12:34 AM »
I find in acc mode when approaching vehicle to be overtaken indicate right, either fully or with just quick indicate and no problems. Is it possible software needs indication of change first?

Tags:

anything