Author Topic: Jazz MK4 MPG  (Read 849 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Jazz MK4 MPG
« on: May 23, 2023, 05:09:33 PM »
Hi Guys
I broke my record today on my regular trip from Solihull to Stratford-on-avon, along the A3400
The road is subject to a 50mph limit, but there was not much opportunity to reach that speed today.
Distance was 18 miles, with a downhill change in levels of around 300ft.

Consumption going out, was 102.6mpg,(as per the photo) with a return consumption of 70.8mpg (uphill)
Don't really know how I managed that, other than I had just filled up, so the engine was already warm.

Total mileage since new (21 plate) is now 19288 miles with an average consumption of 66.7mpg.
Without doubt, this is the best car I've had in over 65 years of motoring. ;D

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Jazz MK4 MPG
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 05:21:28 PM »
I had a freak journey last summer, Northolt to Watford and back.

Never got above 40mph, most around 30ish. 16 miles each way and the fibometer recorded 119mpg.
Let's be careful out there !

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Jazz MK4 MPG
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 01:03:15 PM »
I agree with Kenneve - great cars to the point that I'm not even getting twitchy (as I often do about the 2 year mark) about changing.

My overall mpg is 55.5 and I don't get the figures that others get due to my driving profile (lots of short journeys in the winter) but I checked through my somewhat nerdy fuel consumption records and it's the most economical car I've ever owned and it's quicker than many. I got 53.2 mpg out of my Diesel Golf which is number 2. I reckon the Jazz would have been comfortably over 60 mpg doing the same trips as when I owned the Golf.

Tags: