Author Topic: Japan imported jazz hybrid  (Read 1887 times)

kaader bhai

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 1.4 SE
Japan imported jazz hybrid
« on: July 02, 2023, 10:13:26 AM »
Dear all, i need  ur valuable guidance on whether or not i should buy a Japanese import. please.
I plan to buy a  Jap imported honda jazz 1.3 iMA Hybrid 2012 model.  I found some dealers on autotrader.
The car is in great condition, very clean and very tempting to buy one. The insurance is definitely high but ur getting cleaner car with better spec.
 My only query  is ,
1. Do we have the same model in UK?
2. Are the service and mechanical parts  the service same as the one we have it here in UK?

If its going to be difficult to source parts ill have to drop the idea of getting this car. Please share ur thoughts..thanks in advance.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Japan imported jazz hybrid
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 10:30:13 AM »
First items to check is the auction sheet,then the JVEIC,export cert and service records. Any reputable importer will be pleased to supply.
It can be tricky take care with the seller.
Parts will be 90# the same, also check the tyres age manufacturer etc
Happy hunting.

kaader bhai

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 10:36:24 AM »
Thanks .i dont think the dealer has these papers, hes only a middle man. Not the main importing guy. Let me find out anyway. 
As long the main service parts required for a hybrid is the same as in UK models, i guess its safe to go ahead?

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 12:02:05 PM »
All Jazz Hybrids were manufactured in Japan, so I expect differences to be very minimal. The technical parts will be the same, but some options might be different (Europeans prefer other options than Japanese).
Hybrid model 2015-2020 (mk3) was not sold in Europe so best to avoid that one considering scarce spare parts. Mk2 would be a good option if you are sure all is well (no signs of damage or neglect, paperwork complete).

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 12:32:20 PM »
There may be issues with the rear fog light. I seem to remember someone else having an issue here with a JDM import.

kaader bhai

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 03:32:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Surprisingly there are plenty of jap imports jazzes being sold. All with high specs.

kaader bhai

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 03:56:28 PM »
Do we get the same hybrid system spare parts and battery as the ones sold in UK?

JazzHybrid

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid IMA
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 11:05:40 PM »
If you are thinking of buying from Japan, then look to buy a Honda Fit RS (Fit = Jazz). The RS is super rare and has a slightly more powerful engine from the CR-Z Hybrid. it is available as both a manual and also an auto.

Otherwise, if you're not going to buy the RS, there are plenty of Jazz Hybrid's in the UK, pick a lowish mileage car in good condition and you won't go wrong.

The HX is rare and has leather trim and some other nice extras.

Tags:

anything