Author Topic: Space saver wheel space  (Read 886 times)

KerrieHiggins

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2018
Space saver wheel space
« on: May 18, 2023, 01:30:51 PM »
Hi,

New here! I have recently got my first car, a Honda Jazz 2018. I got a space saver wheel for it as going to Scotland soon so want to be prepared. However when putting the space saver in its slot in the boot, the foam thing that goes in the gap no longer fits because of the space saver wheel. Now when I put anything in the boot the bottom just collapses because there is nothing underneath to keep it sturdy.

Am I just being an idiot or is there something I can do to fix this haha.

Beachball

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 i vtec navi
Re: Space saver wheel space
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 02:06:55 PM »
I had the same problem Kerrie with my 2019 Jazz and spacesaver wheel.
I just wrapped the jack,wheelbrace in an old towel to prevent any rattling,then cut a piece of thin plywood which I slid just under the boot carpet (approx 3 inches either side of the well which sits on the metal frame).
Not an ideal solution but works for me and keeps the boot carpet from sagging with any weight on it.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 02:09:42 PM »
No, you're not being an idiot. I believe the official Honda space-saver kit comes with a different, shallower, foam tray to fill the gap. No idea though whether it's available separately and if so, how much. Alternatively various forum contributors have described DIY solutions to stiffen-up the boot floor ... try searching the forum.

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 06:35:18 PM »
welcome , there is a different foam tray available separately for use with a space saver , although expensive from the dealer ( was around £130 )

some pics in this thread,

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=14810.msg121392#msg121392

if you search the forum there are many diy fixes that members have done

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 06:57:36 PM »
Everyone has own preferences, of course. But for me the beauty of an original Honda solution, as long as it is still available, is worth some money.

And as mentioned many times before, I very much prefer a full size spare wheel, so that I can complete e.g. holiday trip with the spare and go to my local shop next week, when it's convenient and suits me timewise.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 07:00:25 PM by TnTkr »

Tags:

anything