Author Topic: Spurious Tyre Deflation Warning  (Read 1308 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Spurious Tyre Deflation Warning
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2023, 07:21:08 AM »
But on the deflation - in my MK3  and on Crosstar now at a particular bend coming off a dual cariageway - a left hand turn a deflation warning comes on every time, car normally loaded - just me. Possibly something to do with tyre deflection?

I would say that the TPMS reset/learning route needs to take in that bend.

I always understood that the reset procedure involves taking in as many road types as possible including left and right hand bends at varying degrees and all in one journey of at least 15 miles.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 09:29:46 AM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2023, 08:23:43 AM »
IIRC I've had false alarms twice, both going south on the A64(M). I slowed down, checked how the steering felt, opened each window in turn to listen for unusual noises (none) then proceeded cautiously to the next exist.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

R2D3

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2023, 09:42:08 AM »
Its putting tarmac roads over unstable peat bogs and old coal mines.  Seriously .      Subsidence.     
It happened to me recently, although not in Scotland.   The road sub base had subsided significantly in random places  . The tarmac  surface  was still  sound enough that you didnt need avoid  them like potholes.

These depressions were frequent enough that eventually wheels that followed the curvature of depressions travelled a slightly longer distance than those that did not.. .   I tried resetting the system  on the same road  but it activated again quite quickly.  Once the surface improved it reset no problem.   Personally I  am convinced this  was the cause.

Not so.  Once we crossed the border on the M6 road surfaces became brilliantly smooth and remained so on our travels.  Not a single pothole or depression!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2023, 11:16:54 AM »
What about milliliters then? Is my 700 ml. bottle of Talisker now also 700 (different) Scottish milliliters?
Scots buy 1.5L bottles. We consider 70cl as a "half bottle", for sticking in your pocket.

Tags:

anything