Author Topic: Is there an easy way to drain the screen wash tank?  (Read 1139 times)

Pogglefish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz (Mk4) EX in Shining Grey
Is there an easy way to drain the screen wash tank?
« on: June 26, 2023, 09:06:36 AM »
So I ran out of screen wash in France and bought a refill from a French supermarket.

Only problem (that I realised too late) is that this one is acetic acid rather than alcohol based and I cannot stand that smell.

Is there any easy way to drain it out short of firing it all onto the screen?

- Pogglefish

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: Is there an easy way to drain the screen wash tank?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 09:32:27 AM »
narrow hose/tube pushed to bottom of tank and flush out

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 01:15:09 PM »
You could syphon it then flush it.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 07:16:23 PM »
You could syphon it then flush it.

Depends on vintage of the additive, Châteauneuf-du-Crap might suit some.

GeoffW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz SR
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 09:37:57 PM »
I've emptied the screenwash bottle several times (when I didn't like the smell) by simply keeping the wash lever/button pressed/activated until it emptied. If you want you can lift the wipers from the screen while you are doing this. Then put some fresh water in and flush until you are happy the offending liquid is gone. If you are worried about flattening the battery, allow the engine to run while you are doing it. It won't take long. By doing it this way you also flush the pipes.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 09:49:09 AM »
I siphoned mine out using plastic pipe used for fish tanks, got some off Amazon for a couple of quid

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 05:25:02 PM »
Thank you every one for advice, but the more I think about it , the more it turns me off the car, I also don’t like no spare wheel , in fact no were to carry one if I had one ,that bottle of stuff they give you to put in the tire if you get a flat ,is like I have used in my motorbike ,it not very reliable, I think I will stick with my normal Jazz.

Plasma

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2023, 10:22:54 PM »
Thank you every one for advice, but the more I think about it , the more it turns me off the car, I also don’t like no spare wheel , in fact no were to carry one if I had one ,that bottle of stuff they give you to put in the tire if you get a flat ,is like I have used in my motorbike ,it not very reliable, I think I will stick with my normal Jazz.

Plasma

Then you will miss out on how much fun the hybrid is to drive plus it’s superb acceleration and most of all it’s fantastic fuel economy, my overall consumption is over 69mpg based on a total mileage of 4500  ;D :P

aphybrid

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2023, 06:55:00 AM »

Plasma

I think lots of us would agree about the no spare wheel, but this is common through all car makes, a bad safety regression in my view. I always carried full size spares in my previous Hondas.
when on critical/important trips (to airport for hols) I carry a full size spare plus kit to change quickly either in back footwell or boot. Very rarely do I have more than two in car so can do tis easily.
I did contemplate putting on a tow-bar and modifying the bike carrier with a lockable box for spare wheel plus tool kit, decided not justified overall.

If you can find cars in same class that have full size or running spare wheels I think you will be lucky.

whatever you find, enjoy

Tags:

anything