Author Topic: Autoglym Lifeshine  (Read 1482 times)

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
Autoglym Lifeshine
« on: May 13, 2023, 08:48:59 PM »
I got this with my car last November. Anyone got it and do you find it easy to wash the car?. After cleaning with lukewarm water and then my usual Autoglym car shampoo it was all grey streaks. After rinsing with cold water still grey streaks but after using the chamois for ages it looked good. Write up on Lifeshine it says combining reactive silicone and molecular bonding to create a durable and resilient ceramic barrier for a lifetime of flawless shine and superior protection. I have a bag of bottles that came with it so maybe I should use the shampoo conditioner that came with it?.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 08:55:10 PM by JJazz »

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Re: Autoglym Lifeshine
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 08:38:40 AM »
I had the Lifeshine treatment a few cars ago on a Captur, and to be honest it did no better job than when I washed the car using the Autoglym shampoo. Renault use it, and like I was offered it with the Jazz I always turned it down. Renault gave me the kit, which I still have. I wash generally once a month, and use the Aqua wax every three. It is all good product and the beading is excellent, making washing easy, but I always rinse using hot water and dry using a micro cloth (that should be in your kit)... but I felt the Lifeshine offered by the garage was a bit of a con.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 08:41:25 AM by Nicksey »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 11:33:15 AM »
I was initially disappointed in how my pearlescent white car seem to attract dirt and had poor beading.  I treated  it with some Turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray which gave some improvement initially but  the results were not as good as I hoped.    I then realised the problem was I was also  using a cheapo wax shampoo.  This coated the car with a  fairly thick layer of  low quality wax, cancelling the beading  benefits of the high tech nano coatings.  It had been quite difficult to   keep the glass sparkling clean and the paintwork smooth and beading well. 

I bought some Turtle wax "Max power shampoo"(without wax) . You can use it at 3 concentrations. The least amount is PH neutral for normal washing   while usng a higher concentration increases the ph level  for clearing harder deposits  .  Using it at maximum strength removed the old wax coating and beading immediately improved.      I also bought some Turtle wax hybrid ceramic wash and wax shampoo. This is more expensive  but as the car was clean from the max power wash  I only needed to use half a bucket   to give a ceramic wash wax treatment.         
My regular routine now is  to wash the dirt off with 'max power' shampoo  at minimum ph neutral strength  and sometimes   finishing off by washing again using half a bucket of ceramic nano technology wash/wax.  (It gets a good coating as I am not wasting the expensive high tech stuff on initial dirt removal.  )

I am happy with the results, although I am not a detailing perfectionist.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 02:47:04 PM »
I had the Lifeshine treatment a few cars ago on a Captur, and to be honest it did no better job than when I washed the car using the Autoglym shampoo. Renault use it, and like I was offered it with the Jazz I always turned it down. Renault gave me the kit, which I still have. I wash generally once a month, and use the Aqua wax every three. It is all good product and the beading is excellent, making washing easy, but I always rinse using hot water and dry using a micro cloth (that should be in your kit)... but I felt the Lifeshine offered by the garage was a bit of a con.

On You Tube there is a video by a guy who calls himself "Car Spy TV" - he has a 17 year old Nissan Primera still in daily use. He uses almost exactly that same regime (Autoglym Shampoo Conditioner and Aqua Wax every 3 months) and I have to say his car looks as good as most people would ever want. Certainly fantastic for a 17 year old car.

There is so much stuff on the market these days and I have more products than I will ever need. Finding something that works for you is the way to go rather than chopping and changing as I do.

Tags:

anything