Author Topic: Help with low mileage Jazz  (Read 903 times)

rizlagunner

• Registered Member
Help with low mileage Jazz
« on: October 02, 2023, 03:11:35 AM »
Hi guys,

I was looking for an old Honda Jazz (mk2), as I needed something to run around in with the occasional longer journey and I have identified a Jazz 2012 (Japanese import Fit). It fits my budget, around 5.5k but what really attracted me was the low mileage on this, around 11,500 miles, the outer condition is very sound and almost new. This is something I have verified independently online through the car's export documents so I know it is genuine mileage with no accidents, but my real concern is what happens to a Jazz over 10 years if it hasn't been used much at all? What should be my immediate concerns buying this car, is there any chance of corrosion? How likely is it that the IMA hybrid battery has degraded and might land me with an expensive bill? I am buying the car to be able to drive 3-4 years hassle free, I don't care about resale but the fact that the car has been used so little is something that is bothering me because of the age of the car.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

X25DJB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 IMA HS
Re: Help with low mileage Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 08:46:45 AM »
Exactly what I bought. Jazz 2013 model with 12700 miles on it.  Not a problem so far, getting over 55 mpg regularly. Mine had the full dealership service record though. No problem at all with the battery so far. IMA shows it holding plenty of charge. 
My usual journey is 12 miles, but I take it on long journeys too once or twice a month, and often pop to the shop.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rizlagunner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 11:42:44 AM »
Thanks, that's quite helpful. Can I ask how long ago you bought this and what was the cost? And I will take it out for a test drive, is there any indicator on the meter which shows battery health or how much charge it holds?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 11:54:59 AM »
On all Japanese imports you must check the mileage via JEVIC inspection certificates
https://members.jevic.com/
Also ask for the auction schedule this will give you the chance to check & verify the details
The key areas for Rust being rear of car along the sills also check inside the boot lift the cover look inside the car for wet floors.
Good luck

X25DJB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 IMA HS
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 12:03:37 PM »
I bought it in Feb 22.  Still going well. You can see the state of the battery in the IMA display. Mine is still showing 80% at worst, and usually full.
I paid 12,000 for it, but it was from a dealership and came with the usual warranty, four new tyres etc. 

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 01:05:05 PM »
Japan market cars have less rust proofing.
Rust at rear and round petrol filler cap and rear subframe mounts is a MAJOR issue in UK cars.

Tags:

anything