Author Topic: Weird infotainment/smartphone behaviour - is this normal?  (Read 1056 times)

Pogglefish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda HR-V Adv. Style in Sand Khaki
Weird infotainment/smartphone behaviour - is this normal?
« on: April 10, 2023, 05:18:51 PM »
So this afternoon my (2021 EX) Jazz decided, suddenly, that it didn’t like my iPhone (11) anymore. Refused to connect wired, refused to connect wirelessly. Told me in both cases that the “connection was not successful.”

Turned the car on and off again - no effect. Turned the phone on and off again - no effect. Deleted the phone from the car - no effect - car went through the startup procedures for connection but in wired it said that “the connection was not successful” and wirelessly it said that the “pairing code was not recognised.” On the phone the pairing code did flash up but only for a second.

Last option I could think of was to factory data reset the whole system, though I really didn’t want to do that as it would mean having to put all my settings back in, but I did it anyway and then it was as if there had never been a problem. Connected to the phone wired and wirelessly, CarPlay working fine, no issues at all.

- Is this normal? I have never had to factory reset the infotainment for that reason for my Mk3 Jazz before or my Mk9 Civic before that.

-Pogglefish

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
Re: Weird infotainment/smartphone behaviour - is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 10:21:50 PM »
Pogs,

I have a 2021 and use Android Auto, have had one or two instances having to reboot the infotainment system, plus - system did freeze right after recall software upgrades!!  and I needed to return to the Honda dealer to get it reset.  One year later, and no problems since then, so I guess these issues have been fixed. 

Cheers!  :o

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 11:08:31 PM »
Very occasionally I have to delete my Android phone from the car (and the car from both the phone's Android Auto and Bluetooth settings), and completely restart the connection process.

I also have a 21 plate Mk4.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 03:48:18 AM »
I don't get the inconsistently as well.

For quite a few months AA has been firing up and connecting flawlessly in under 30 secs.

But, for the last few days I've been getting the incompatible or unrecognisable message after a lengthy wait. Rebooting the phone fixes it.

The other recent change I noticed yesterday was, I got a phone call, and the head unit showed  'Answer' or 'Decline' buttons. Last time I got a call I had to fiddle with the steering wheel controls to answer it.
Let's be careful out there !

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 12:04:11 PM »
Using a lowly iPhone 7. Never had any connection problems in two years of use, though I always use the wired connection for battery charging.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 01:48:51 PM »
I went out a short while ago and AA wireless connected in under 30 secs again.

Inconsistent.

My phone has had some background support app updates in the last few days, one of them on consecutive days. Maybe one of them requires a reboot to fully kick in.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags:

anything