Author Topic: Pet Hates With Your Cars  (Read 6531 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Pet Hates With Your Cars
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 05:46:26 PM »
Yes, number 1 is just a farm track. No public roads in the UK are as bad as that, not even in the Scottish Highlands.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2022, 06:56:11 PM »
The lanes I am talking about are wide enough to allow two cars to pass each other, but to increase the safety gap, it is natural to move over as far to the near side as possible, something which RDMS has a problem with!

Aha... something like a real, but rather narrow road... And you know there are three ways NOT to activate RDMS there?
1. Turn it off (how has been explained many times here).
2. With oncoming traffic it doesn't work below 30 km/h / 18 mph, so slow down.
3. Or use your turn signal for a moment at higher speed.

And then of course there is always option 4: let it annoy you for a moment and show who's boss.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2022, 07:23:16 PM »
Yes, number 1 is just a farm track. No public roads in the UK are as bad as that, not even in the Scottish Highlands.

@ Jocko: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazrichardson/16497882991

A farm track with traffic signs?  ???

Cornish country lane
The lanes in Cornwall are notoriously narrow and twisty, normally with high banks on either side and few passing spaces. Woe betide you if a farm vehicle is coming the other way. There is only one way to drive down them - slowly. It is of course a lot safer at night when the glow from the headlights of an approaching vehicle can be seen long before you see the vehicle itself. This lane is about a mile from Lerryn in south-east Cornwall.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2022, 07:29:58 PM »
That is an unclassified road. ie a farm track. The sign will be to tell you you are joining a classified road.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2022, 11:11:19 PM »
Aha... so 1 is an unclassified road, but 2, 3 (and 4) are supposed to be "classified" roads?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2022, 11:36:34 PM »
More than likely.

Thingy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2022, 10:27:26 AM »
I have no problem with RDMS. It does exactly what it supposed to do and does not cause any problems at all for me.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2022, 11:55:27 AM »
You must be one of the very few that can get on with it.
For me, anything that affects the steering, when I’m not expecting it,  is a ‘no no’ for me.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2022, 12:02:20 PM »
For me, anything that affects the steering, when I’m not expecting it,  is a ‘no no’ for me.
You are very tolerant!  ;)
For me, anything that disputes or disturbs my sole command of the vehicle, is an annoyance.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 12:05:53 PM by TnTkr »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2022, 12:14:41 PM »
Same here, I take pride in my driving (IAM member) and if I cross a white line without indicating I have a valid safe reason for doing so.  I don't need my steering wobbling and an orange dash warning.

However, those that like it,  fair enough.
Let's be careful out there !

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2022, 12:27:46 PM »
Another thing is updating the built in sat nav. I did this successfully on my Mk3 but it was about as far from straightforward as you could possibly get involving memory sticks, lap top computers, keeping the engine running whilst you download the updates. It's doable but the process has to be relearnt the next time you need to update. It's easy to see why people use google maps or waze on their smartphone.

To add insult to injury, my local dealer charges £114 plus VAT to do it for you - no thanks - I'd rather get lost.

Fortunately I very rarely go somewhere I haven't already been these days. I know some people like and, indeed, need traffic updates but that isn't a major issue for me.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2022, 12:34:49 PM »

And this is where (in my opinion) you and many other commenters here go wrong: You should/could know what to expect!

Thingy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2022, 12:35:50 PM »
You are very tolerant!  ;)
For me, anything that disputes or disturbs my sole command of the vehicle, is an annoyance.

I don't think there is anything to be tolerant about.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2022, 12:59:01 PM »

RDMS disputes or disturbs your sole command of the vehicle and is an annoyance.
CMBS (Collision Mitigation Braking System) also disputes/disturbs your command of the vehicle by preventing you from or reducing the severity of a collision. A real annoyance!
Like lane keeping assist, blind spot information or the cross traffic monitor, really annoying, those vibrations, beeps and orange flashes!

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2022, 02:21:23 PM »
RDMS disputes or disturbs your sole command of the vehicle and is an annoyance.
CMBS (Collision Mitigation Braking System) also disputes/disturbs your command of the vehicle by preventing you from or reducing the severity of a collision. A real annoyance!
Like lane keeping assist, blind spot information or the cross traffic monitor, really annoying, those vibrations, beeps and orange flashes!

No disrespect but it seems you can't argue with someone who thinks they are always right.
I'm fairly sure if there was a vote on the subject of these disturbances, I know what answer would be ........

Tags: