Author Topic: New car delivery expectations  (Read 1912 times)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: New car delivery expectations
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 03:14:07 PM »
the Yokohama BluEarth tires were replaced by the requested Vredestein Quatracs.
Did you pay extra for them - and how much?  Thanks.

The list price of the Vredestein Quatracs was PLN 80 (£15) each higher than the Yokohamas.
The dealer made no problem of that, I paid nothing extra. Part of the deal.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 03:16:25 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2021, 04:57:54 PM »
.....There is another reservoir immediately behind the blue-topped windscreen washer reservoir. It's white, and looks like a two litre plastic milk container. It seems empty apart from some brown liquid near the bottom (please see pictures below). Does anyone know what this container is for, and whether it should be full? And, if it is not full, why is it so tall - and empty above the brown liquid?
So I am a bit concerned.
Brown liquid. Brown?
It shouldn't be brown, should be pink or red or purple, or at a stretch possibly blue/green, but not brown surely. Anyone else had brown engine coolant?

Only when I mixed the original blue Honda coolant with pink / orange OAT on a previous car.... Honda coolant normally blue,  but maybe the latest stuff is made from zero carbon recycled cow dung LOL
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest9814

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2021, 05:03:38 PM »
.....There is another reservoir immediately behind the blue-topped windscreen washer reservoir. It's white, and looks like a two litre plastic milk container. It seems empty apart from some brown liquid near the bottom (please see pictures below). Does anyone know what this container is for, and whether it should be full? And, if it is not full, why is it so tall - and empty above the brown liquid?
So I am a bit concerned.
Brown liquid. Brown?
It shouldn't be brown, should be pink or red or purple, or at a stretch possibly blue/green, but not brown surely. Anyone else had brown engine coolant?

I should say once i visited service with my old Yaris where i get transmission fluid poured in washer fluid tank, managed to take this oil out, before washer used...

Jazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 69mpg
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2021
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 09:14:11 AM »
So I am a bit concerned.
Brown liquid. Brown?

In better light the liquid appears to be blue. It was hard to see yesterday. After running the liquid is now between the maximum and minimum. The garage says that should be okay.
"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they've found it." Andre Gide

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 09:18:02 AM »
Only "should" ?

Not very convincing
Let's be careful out there !

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 11:36:33 AM »
Blue, phew, that's fine.
Coolant level in the "make-up" bottle should usually be checked when cold and be between the marks, it'd be unusual if it was any different for your car.

Check the owners manual for exact directions, check when cold etc.

If it drops too low the first thing is that it draws air back into the system when it cools, which can cause all sorts of niggly issues. The systems are engineered to "de-gass" and push any gasses out of the cap into the bottle (and thus vented to atmosphere) and take liquid back in when it cools down again, keeping it full of liquid coolant.
If it's only a small amount needed and you don't want to buy coolant, then a little de-ionised water to bring it up to at least the min when cold will be fine and will avoid the risk of the system drawing air back in when it cools down, which you really don't want to happen. Ideally add a little Honda coolant.
Systems only lose liquid, they don't create it, so if it's low now it will only get lower.

Tags: