Author Topic: Crosstar alarm settings  (Read 3749 times)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Crosstar alarm settings
« on: March 31, 2021, 09:08:03 PM »
Is it possible to turn off the interior alarm on the Crosstar, so that I can leave the dog in the car.leaving the doors locked.
If so, how?
Thanks.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
Re: Crosstar alarm settings
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 09:25:21 PM »
I don’t think the alarm can be disabled, it sets automatically when the doors are locked.
Saying that, I don’t believe the car features a volumetric sensor for internal movement detection, just perimeter alarm on opening a door, bonnet or boot.
The owner’s manual mentions not setting the alarm when someone is in the vehicle but qualifies this by stating the alarm will then go off if the bonnet is released or a door is opened from the inside using a door handle release lever.
Unless your dog is very talented, this is unlikely to occur.
I’ve had VW group cars in the past which featured tilt and internal volumetric sensors, which could be disabled by pressing a switch on the driver’s side B post. I don’t think this is the case with Honda.
Perhaps others know differently?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 09:35:18 PM by IanG »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:22:55 AM »
I can only compare with the Civic range where single locking only activates perimeter whilst double locking activates interior sensors.

Does that Jazz have single/double locking feature ?
Let's be careful out there !

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 04:18:17 AM »
The Jazz has super locking, which disables the door release on the interior door handles but I don’t think this affects the alarm functionality on the Jazz.
I’ve attached the relevant user manual page for reference.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 08:34:59 AM »
I'm 99% sure that the Mk 4 Jazz family only has a perimeter alarm. My HR-V had an ultrasonic sensor which was triggered a couple of times by the dashcam falling off the windscreen and was, I suspect, a continuous drain on the battery.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Fuxoft

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 08:59:55 AM »
I have registered today just to ask this exact same question (for my chihuahuas). Thanks for making it easier for me. :) The user guide really makes it sound like there is an interior motion sensor.

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 10:12:18 AM »
Is it possible to turn off the interior alarm on the Crosstar, so that I can leave the dog in the car.leaving the doors locked.
If so, how?
Thanks.

Dogs cook in cars!

Need I say more?

[attachment deleted by admin]

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 10:19:27 AM »
If so, how?
Thanks.

Dogs cook in cars!

Need I say more?

Let the dog cook in the kitchen instead ....   ::)     

The alarm is to stop you leaving dogs and kids in the car  :o
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Fuxoft

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 12:13:38 PM »
Interesting reply from the local (Czech) Honda official: "The internal motion sensors are only in UK Jazz models so your chihuahuas are safe."

As for the posts about "cooking dogs in the cars": Please explain to me how I can cook my dogs in the car parked in the UNDERGROUND GARAGE? Thanks.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:27:21 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

guest4871

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 08:01:03 PM »
Interesting reply from the local (Czech) Honda official: "The internal motion sensors are only in UK Jazz models so your chihuahuas are safe."

As for the posts about "cooking dogs in the cars": Please explain to me how I can cook my dogs in the car parked in the UNDERGROUND GARAGE? Thanks.

NEVER ever leave a dog in a locked car.

NOT even in an underground garage.

Put a maximum/ minimum thermometer inside your car to see how hot it gets on a summer day even in shade.

If you get into the habit of leaving dogs in cars, you'll also do it above ground too.

If you travel with the dog in the boot area the temperatures can also get very high when the sun is on the glass rear windscreen.

On a warm sunny day, the temperature inside an enclosed car can easily reach 50/55C. On a hot day it can easily reach 60C or more. A locked car is just a metal box with glass and minimal ventilation.  Leaving windows open does not help.

In UK, if a dog is locked in a car, you are permitted to break into a car to rescue the dog, not so with children! Mind you, the British treat dogs better than themselves. ;)

It is your dog. It is up to you. The dog cannot release itself. You are responsible for it's welfare and. in UK, can/ will be prosecuted.

Fuxoft

• Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 11:42:25 AM »
If you get into the habit of leaving dogs in cars, you'll also do it above ground too.

If you get into habit of closing your eyes while sleeping, you'll also do it while driving your car. And that will kill you. So don't ever close your eyes.

See, I can do logic too.

In UK, if a dog is locked in a car, you are permitted to break into a car to rescue the dog, not so with children!

This statement of yours is incorrect or at least highly misleading, according to this article (and others I found): https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/law-explained-smashing-car-window-18482753. You can only smash the car window if the dog is clearly in distress and even then you must be prepared to defent yourself during the investigation and possibly having to pay damages. You certainly cannot smash the car window just because there is a dog inside.

guest4871

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 12:29:13 PM »
You are completely correct.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 12:40:17 PM »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/law-explained-smashing-car-window-18482753. You certainly cannot smash the car window just because there is a dog inside.

And certainly not if the car in question is a Honda Jazz!!!

If nothing goes right, go left!

guest4871

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2021, 12:50:59 PM »
Dogs cook in cars!

Need I say more?

As for kids it's a problem, but dogs...??? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat#:~:text=Historically%2C%20human%20consumption%20of%20dog,other%20countries%20throughout%20the%20world.
Have a look at the map and check the UK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat#/media/File:World_laws_on_killing_dogs_for_consumption.svg

You are completely correct.

Dogs can be killed for consumption in England (I don't know about other parts of UK).

In England dogs are treated, in law, as livestock (unlike cats). You would be prosecuted if any killing is not in a regulated humane way.

If a dog is injured or killed in a road accident it is a reportable event.

It is illegal in UK to buy or sell dog meat.

All this begs the question of why you would want a dog (or any animal) to suffer abominably (cook) in a car.

Remember also, some breeds suffer from and die of heat exhaustion from walking on a lead on hot urban pavements in summer.

It really is up to you.

Tags: