Author Topic: The jazz rocks  (Read 3112 times)

Ramon1234

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2 dsi 2003 manual
The jazz rocks
« on: December 04, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »
So long story short i had to make a trip from italy to portugal and back with my girlfriend. Thats 2100 km each way so 4200km total. Not only that but the return trip had to be made fully loaded including some 50/60 kg of windsurf gear on the roof. Because of the current situation the trip had to be made almost non stop, it was one and a half days for the 1st trip sleeping some two hours on the car and only stopping for fuel and two and a half days for the return trip, mainly because of the fully loaded roof i was afraid of passing 80/90 km/h.

So given this conditions i was prepared with a full set of tools, a spare litre of oil and ready to accept any possible road work  a 2003 car with 120000 unknown to me kms might need. Well the car didnt need any repairs, made some 4 L/100km on the go trip and around 5,5L/100km on the fully loaded return trip, the oil consumption less than a quarter of the two marks on the stick. Comfortable to drive, to sleep in and easy to drive fully loaded. All this to say i consider myself a very happy jazz owner!!

Some pics from the trip italy, france, spain, portugal and back, unfortunately all from the car as we couldnt stop outside of fuel.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 11:55:35 AM by Ramon1234 »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: The jazz rocks
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 12:02:18 PM »
That is impressive. I am delighted to have averaged 5.1 L/100 km over the lifetime of my car.

Ramon1234

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 12:10:14 PM »
I was surprised too and was actually the best i got so far. Perhaps it was because of the long miles i never went above 2500 rpm to be gentle to the engine and the long running at a steady rpms might have made the engine a lot more efficient. The roads were pretty empty so long hours without big variation on the throttle, good for mileage bad for the horrible ache in my  right leg  :D

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »
I was surprised too and was actually the best i got so far. Perhaps it was because of the long miles i never went above 2500 rpm to be gentle to the engine and the long running at a steady rpms might have made the engine a lot more efficient. The roads were pretty empty so long hours without big variation on the throttle, good for mileage bad for the horrible ache in my  right leg  :D

Yep - had this on all makes of cars. It's the main purpose of cruise control for me on longer trips - to give the right leg a rest.

Lovely pictures and must have been a really interesting east to west drive. All my motoring trips to Europe have been North to South and back.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 06:19:19 PM »
Sounds like you and the Jazz had a great road trip. Great to see it loaded up and ready for action, and pleased it perfomed so well. Naturally, being a Jazz it would.  8) Thanks for posting the photos, its nice to see the sun!  :)

Ramon1234

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »
 :) same comment i hear from some germans about the sun, reminds me there are some forever dark places in the world  ;D

Speaking of crossing east to west i really enjoyed and can recommend crossing spain west to east because of the very diverse landscape, sea, long green hills, rocky mountains, desert, castles, nothing, wine fields, etc. you see a bit of everything in one go.

Tags:

anything