Author Topic: Lots of Honda dealers to close.  (Read 11778 times)

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Re: Lots of Honda dealers to close.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2021, 05:09:02 PM »
Let's face it, dealerships are/have largely been a necessary evil for the public and manufacturers alike. The growing trend in markets has been to gradually erode the 'middleman' and given the the calibre of the typical dealership 'geezer' on the dealership floor it will not amount to much of a loss. In view of the increasing reliability combined with electric power trains, we might even see a growth in accredited mobile Honda servicing franchises with direct fringe benefits on cost/replacement etc. all amounting to a more hassle free approach, especially when you consider declining real 'ownership' of vehicles.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2021, 05:43:25 PM »
I’ve had Hondas over the last 20 years originally based in Wirral and now North Wales. North Wales Honda have been very good on service (not competitive on sales). They will be relocating and merging the dealership with Kia at a new build site in Llandudno. The next nearest dealership is 50 miles away at Cheshire Oaks (Holdcroft franchise). Just bought a demo Jazz from Holdcroft Warrington which had faults on that they should have rectified pre-delivery. Sorted by North Wales Honda. I remember dealing with Saunders Chester, Two Mills and Liverpool Honda and all used to be very good. It’s disappointing to see these big companies like Holdcroft complacently ruling the roost!.
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2021, 05:55:03 PM »
I’ve had Hondas over the last 20 years originally based in Wirral and now North Wales. North Wales Honda have been very good on service (not competitive on sales). They will be relocating and merging the dealership with Kia at a new build site in Llandudno. The next nearest dealership is 50 miles away at Cheshire Oaks (Holdcroft franchise). Just bought a demo Jazz from Holdcroft Warrington which had faults on that they should have rectified pre-delivery. Sorted by North Wales Honda. I remember dealing with Saunders Chester, Two Mills and Liverpool Honda and all used to be very good. It’s disappointing to see these big companies like Holdcroft complacently ruling the roost!.

Corporate domination has never been good for the consumer. Economies of scale on the one hand are undone by lazy and poorly motivated staff. There is always room for the nimble and smart independent for those of us who do not wish to waste our pennies on air con/coffee machines/brochures/fashion accessories/clothing allowances/expensive leases/rent/markups etc

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2021, 07:02:19 PM »
I always found Holdcroft 's Stoke on Trent branch excellent

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
I seem to recall that one lesser known car maker used the Halfords network for a time - can't remember which one.

Heaven forbid!

Vic.
That was Daewoo,  whose products did not exactly set customers a-glow, my neighbour was an early adopter, bought a new Nexia,  he drove the car for 5 years, around 25,000 miles then one by one electrical gremlins came out to play,  the final straw an intermittent corruption  of the software code within the  ECU,  cutting his losses he traded for a new Hyundai i10, receiving a pittance for the Nexia,  an expensive lesson for my neighbour

Tags: