Author Topic: Ford to axe hatches and saloons from US line up  (Read 2217 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Ford to axe hatches and saloons from US line up
« on: May 03, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/ford-ditch-fiesta-and-saloons-us-line-2020

Ford will axe the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion (Mondeo) and Taurus from the US, leaving just the Mustang as the 'normal' car in the range. The rest will be crossovers and SUVs.

So Honda can sell Jazz/Fits, Civics and Accords profitably but Ford can't make the maths work with the Fiesta, Foucs and Fusion?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Ford to axe hatches and saloons from US line up
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/ford-ditch-fiesta-and-saloons-us-line-2020

Ford will axe the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion (Mondeo) and Taurus from the US, leaving just the Mustang as the 'normal' car in the range. The rest will be crossovers and SUVs.

So Honda can sell Jazz/Fits, Civics and Accords profitably but Ford can't make the math work with the Fiesta, Focus and Fusion?

Women drivers have taken to SUV / 4x4 like ducks to water, more women are having a say in car purchases these days,  they probably feel safer and it helps to ease the burden of that feminist shoulder chip while they are driving.   I guess the SUV is the new feminist symbol as promoted by Mrs. Victoria Beckham.  I actually think more women would drive Hummers if they were cheaper to buy.

We were overtaken by a kamikazie female SUV driver yesterday who continued to try and overtake an HGV as the uphill overtaking lane came to an end and road narrowed towards a bend,  then suddenly drake lights on and cloud of dust from hatched area in road - sanity took over and she pulled back behind lorry as a line of cars came around the bend - phew, that would have been messy. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 07:34:54 AM »
[
... then suddenly drake lights on ...
Clearly the driver was ducking the issue ...

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 06:21:53 PM »
On the face of it, seems like a odd move... but they must see where the profits are. Then again, when you see the price of some of these Ford SUVs, perhaps it's not so strange. Other half's parent have just bought a Ford Edge SUV, yes it's got all the bells and whistles, but it certainly doesn't look like 30-odd grands worth to me.

Women drivers have taken to SUV / 4x4 like ducks to water, more women are having a say in car purchases these days,  they probably feel safer and it helps to ease the burden of that feminist shoulder chip while they are driving.

Other half is happy with the Jazz, in fact I don't think she's going to let me get rid of it unless I get her another. Mind you, she doesn't bat an eyelid at driving a lorry, and she can reverse a trailer better than I can too.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:27:52 PM by sparky Paul »

Tags: