Author Topic: Honda HR-V five interesting facts  (Read 14929 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:25:59 PM by RichardA »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Honda HR-V five interesting facts
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 07:10:43 PM »
Hmmm,  Looks promising especially the 1.5 petrol auto.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 10:19:58 AM »
Did I see that there is no handbrake lever - and what looks like a push button handbrake ?  everyone I have spoken to who has had electric handbrake on their car ( I have avoided them when looking for a car) says to avoid them like the plague as they are dodgy to use and unreliable - but then again Honda may have manged to get them working OK.

Some electric handbrakes won't release until driver seat occupied and seatbelt plugged in,  some have auto hold for traffic and hill starts etc but looks complicated for a simple handbrake, and looking for buttons to press on centre console is going to be harder than just reaching down for a nice big lever,  I suppose if electrics ever fail you won't be able to even push the car off the road to a better place ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4324

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:05 AM »
I saw one of them British police shows a while ago (motorway cops or similar) and there was a Range Rover stuck on the outside lane of the motorway because the electrics had died and nobody (police, fire, breakdown etc.) could release the electric handbrake. They ended up dragging it off the road with the wheels blocked!

Secondly, I always wonder when they review cars why they fuss so much about rear headroom. How many times are people driving with 3 rear passengers over 6ft tall. Maybe the very odd time but not enough for most people to consider it as a buying point.

guest5040

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 07:17:55 AM »
Estimated price £18-24k for a Jazz on stilts?  :o

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 06:02:11 PM »

He said up to £25K.  Horrifying!  I'd have liked to change our EX Jazz into the equivalent HRV but not if it's £10K more.   

Honda are morons with pricing in the UK - they seem to think they're selling a premium product.  In the US, Hondas are seen as cheap cars.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 08:30:42 PM »

Nissan Juke - £13,620 - £21,650
Renault Captur - £14,295 - £19,195
Vauxhall Mokka - £16,474 - £24,424
Nissan Qashqai - £18,265 - £28,500

So is Honda suggesting this is a Juke/Captur/Mokka rival for Qashqai money? And don't be fooled by Vauxhall asking similar money for the Mokka, it goes without saying that Vauxhall dealers are the most generous with the discounts.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:44 AM »

So is Honda suggesting this is a Juke/Captur/Mokka rival for Qashqai money? And don't be fooled by Vauxhall asking similar money for the Mokka, it goes without saying that Vauxhall dealers are the most generous with the discounts.

Well,  as we can see a Qashqai is just an Almera on stilts.  Quality of (Honda)HRV and (Nissan) Qashqai is not comparable IMHO. I know at least 2 people who almost bought Civic and then decided on Quashqai - big mistake as they admitted after driving my Civic.  One had the engine fail mechanically after about 8K from new and the other had the interior and drivers seat literally fall apart after 2-1/2 years LOL

Brother in law just swapped his Civic Diesel  for a Volvo V40 and is already complaining about lack of interior room and boot space, also misses the performance of Civic. He was a victim of badge snobbery, thought the Volvo was more upmarket and bigger,  but V40 is based on Ford Focus platform - some people have to learn the hard way what is important in a car - and leather seats and built-in satnav is not top of my personal list LOL.
Also very disappointed with fuel consumption - although he went for 1.6 Diesel because of free road tax and claimed 80MPG+ he is barely getting any better MPG than he did with his 2.2 Diesel Civic - and performance is way down.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:44:01 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »
The reason Vauxhall offer BIG discounts is because they have have to, they are in a sales battle with the blue oval and others, I would and have paid extra for a better quality product as it pays you back in the long run.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »
Honda are morons with pricing in the UK - they seem to think they're selling a premium product.  In the US, Hondas are seen as cheap cars.

There is a difference between 'cheap' and great value for money - Honda sell a lot of cars in USA and rightly so,  they were a revelation of performance, fuel consumption and value after the Americans decided that American cars were rubbish quality and fuel was getting too expensive to run their 5 litre 'tanks' any more.  Honda was also one of the first foreign car makers to set up car plants in USA.  As far as any foreign car maker can be, Honda is part of American culture now - they showed the Yanks how cars (and motorbikes) should be made  :D.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:54:48 PM by culzean »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 06:32:15 AM »

Well,  as we can see a Qashqai is just an Almera on stilts.  Quality of (Honda)HRV and (Nissan) Qashqai is not comparable IMHO. I know at least 2 people who almost bought Civic and then decided on Quashqai - big mistake as they admitted after driving my Civic.  One had the engine fail mechanically after about 8K from new and the other had the interior and drivers seat literally fall apart after 2-1/2 years LOL

Brother in law just swapped his Civic Diesel  for a Volvo V40 and is already complaining about lack of interior room and boot space, also misses the performance of Civic. He was a victim of badge snobbery, thought the Volvo was more upmarket and bigger,  but V40 is based on Ford Focus platform - some people have to learn the hard way what is important in a car - and leather seats and built-in satnav is not top of my personal list LOL.
Also very disappointed with fuel consumption - although he went for 1.6 Diesel because of free road tax and claimed 80MPG+ he is barely getting any better MPG than he did with his 2.2 Diesel Civic - and performance is way down.

Sorry but quoting your BIL - who obviously does not do any basic research  - like interior size and sitting in a car before buying - is hardly impressive..  Ther's a description for people like that... but it's rude..  :P

Tags: videos 

anything