Author Topic: Considering changing my cassette radio to a cd one  (Read 2155 times)

Goldfynche

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Silver 2002 Jazz SE 1.4
Considering changing my cassette radio to a cd one
« on: October 09, 2018, 08:19:21 PM »
Been looking on eBay. Any chance that this would be a straightforward swap? Or is that being too optimistic?
You will never get a second chance of a first impression

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Considering changing my cassette radio to a cd one
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 08:49:34 AM »
Deafening silence!  :-X

To elaborate. I have seen blank radio fascias available on ebay. I'm wondering, would this be a straightforward exchange project? For instance. Do the heater control knobs just slide off leaving the controls in situ?

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »
Halfords are doing deals at the moment on some stereos including fitting and fascias, starting at £100 for pioneer and Kenwood and getting more expensive for higher spec units, probably as cheap as you can do it yourself if they have a head unit you like

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
Ok. I looked into it and decided,costwise,to go retro!
So I am now converting all of my favourite music to compact cassette! (Deafening sound of eyes rolling)  :o
Having once owned a quality hifi setup, alas no longer. I acquired a decent stereo cassette deck on eBay for only £15.00, which needed a bit of TLC but now works beautifully. Compact cassettes are readily and reasonably available also on eBay. I’ve also acquired a device that connects the in/out ports of the cassette deck to usb, eliminating the need for an amplifier and speakers. The sound produced is amazing!

Tags:

anything