Author Topic: Honest John Honda HR-V review  (Read 9269 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honest John Honda HR-V review
« on: July 15, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Honest John Honda HR-V review
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
As ever with reviews you pay your money and takes your choice and then make your own mind up on a test drive.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 06:19:59 PM »
Reviewers are only human  ::) and have biases and preferences like the rest of us (it is obvious a lot of reviewers are very pro-diesel /anti gear-change and obviously struggle understand why any maker would put a mere petrol engine into a vehicle - I am biased inasmuch as I think diesels are suitable only for Lorries and tractors and I love to rev an engine and enjoy swapping gears).

Best to read as many reviews as you can and then make your own mind up by having a test drive.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:00:24 PM »
Interesting that he thinks the petrol auto is probably the best combination, when other reviews I've read don't seem to like that combination at all.

He doesn't seem happy with either engine in manual form.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:02:14 PM by Rory »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »
Maybe he's someone similar to many vehicle owners who want a smooth way of getting from A to B and are not worried about being the first person to get to the next red light. I get the impression that many reviewers like to push the vehicles to the limits. OK, it's useful to know how the vehicles behave under such conditions but I'm more interested in what happens under typical everyday driving. Maybe I've got a feeble right foot but I've never seen my Jazz's tachometer go anywhere near the red line.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 11:37:38 PM »
Well I test drove the petrol automatic and whilst it is probably fine, if a little dull, for most, it could not deal with the steep hills, sharp bends and constant need to stop and start again on hills when you meet oncoming traffic or simply have to slow for a tight corner, then get going again on the other side. The diesel really was the only option for me. It has the torque to just keep going, and get going again when you have to stop. I think if your main use was around town or motorway driving, as the review says, or ferrying a trilby around on your parcel shelf, then the petrol auto is probably for you.

Tags: