Author Topic: Central locking stopped after flat battery  (Read 8081 times)

guest5791

Central locking stopped after flat battery
« on: December 02, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
Hi all
I have a Honda jazz 1.4 petrol 2009

The interior lights seem to have been playing up lately not always coming on, ended up getting left on overnight and the car would not start.

Used jump leads and took it for a run and it is ok but the keys both when in the door and using the remote button do not operate the central locking, the locking button on the inside of the car does work for all of the doors.

I saw a procedure on here which involved turning the key on , pressing the lock button and turning to off and repeating 4 times , pressing the button again but this has not worked.

Also, although initially working as I had to reset the time, the clock display is completely blank and the audio unit will not turn on at all. Is there a particular fuse fot this?

I believe the key needs re coding to the car, will that be related to the audio clock not working? Apart from these issues it seems fine.

Help!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Central locking stopped after flat battery
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »
I would check the battery condition - a fully charged one will show 13.00+ Volts.
Also if you have another key try the central locking

guest5791

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 11:24:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible for the car to selectively not operate particular functions of the car due to a low battery?  The lights , air con etc all work ok.

Will hooking up another battery via jump leads to test work? The spare key doesn't work either.

guest5791

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »
Turns out it was fuse one labelled 'backup' which I had not tried due to the label. Clock plus central locking working again, not tried the radio.

However interior lights still don't work and can't see any obvious fuses in the diagram. Will try all at weekend in daylight. Bulbs are ok. ? ?

Cheers

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 09:09:21 AM »
Here's a link to online manual for your model Jazz that may help resolve the issue, good luck

http://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

also Jazz info here
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/

Tags: