Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Anti - Freeze
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 12:24:31 AM »
Best to change on the correct intervals.

Checking the specific gravity tells you if the antifreeze properties are okay, but not the corrosion inhibitors, which are used up in time. Antifreeze should be completely renewed generally every 2, 5 or 10 years, depending upon the type used.

That said, if the history was unknown but the antifreeze looked clean, and the sg was good, I wouldn't worry too much for now. If it looked opaque and smelled of old antifreeze, or the sg indicated low antifreeze content, I would probably change it.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Engine mounting stud broken
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 12:12:52 AM »
Is that the only bit of the stud that is accessible? Drilling it out will not be easy due to the casting being soft.

Can you (or a helpful friend) place a nut about the same size on the broken stud and weld inside through to the broken stud? The heat from the weld will help crack the corrosion in the thread. Wait for it to cool for a short while before having a wiggle at it. Once it's out, you can check the thread.

You might struggle to remove the stud otherwise, the thread will probably be corroded due to dissimilar metals.

Failing that, a trip to the scrappers is in order.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Bubbles on alloy wheels
« Last post by Skyrider on June 23, 2018, 11:01:42 PM »
It is usually caused by corrosion when water gets under damage to the clear coating on the wheel. If it is caused by a damaged clear coat the warranty may be debatable.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Cost of spare wheel
« Last post by Skyrider on June 23, 2018, 10:57:07 PM »
Give these guys a phone, they will give you a price.

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-jazz/2016-jazz/
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda Jazz
« Last post by Izzy on June 23, 2018, 10:49:16 PM »
1.4 auto we find it quite nippy not had four up in it yet so lets see love the flappy paddle gearbox as well
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Cost of spare wheel
« Last post by Downsizer on June 23, 2018, 10:44:07 PM »
Two years ago I Paid 196 for the full kit including the replacement boot floor support moulding.  This was from the local main dealer.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Bubbles on alloy wheels
« Last post by Roddy0000 on June 23, 2018, 10:33:37 PM »
I have just bought a 2017 mk3 and have noticed on one of the wheels that there is bubbling, guess it is a reaction to the pad dust, has anyone else had this issue and if so, what was the fix. Is this covered under Honda warranty maybe? Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Cost of spare wheel
« Last post by Roddy0000 on June 23, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
Hi, I am trying to find out the actual cost of a space saver wheel for mk3, I have looked on this site but cannot get a clear picture. Guess it needs to include the jack etc, I thought it was between 200 & 300 ? Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda Jazz
« Last post by peteo48 on June 23, 2018, 10:28:43 PM »
Well I have done it I went for the Jazz Auto  :P but wifey drove the car home from the last owner does mean I have lost my car and I will have to ruff it in her 13 plate Civic 8)

Probably,  but I would rather drive a Civic than a Jazz any day of the week - I am happy that my wife will not drive my Civic (for various female reasons that a man cannot understand).

Unless it was a 1.4 Civic LOL - seriously underpowered.
Car Care & Detailing / Clear coat failure and paint protection.
« Last post by peteo48 on June 23, 2018, 10:24:13 PM »
Just got back from 5 nights in Kefalonia. Main reason I was best man at a pal's wedding (second time round for him and his new wife) but we decided to tack a few days on for a holiday. Never been before - very relaxing place and mostly unspoiled. I'd certainly go again.

Being a sad old git I found myself taking note of the condition of many of the local cars. The amount of clear coat failure on some very recent cars - some no older than 5 years - was striking. More than I've seen in other warmer climes. The mid summer heat and light is ferocious there and most of the cars live in coastal areas.

The idea of a clear coat is to protect the paint beneath it and, in the UK and most other northern European countries it does a reasonable job but it clearly is not indestructible.

I felt vindicated in slapping on a coat of wax a couple of times a year. These clear coats are obviously not indestructible and need some care and maintenance.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything