Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda jazz 2007 automatic idle to drive problems
« Last post by olduser1 on May 23, 2024, 06:30:53 AM »
The forum will help with more info, how many miles since these issues arise?
What happened immediately before this problem?
How long owned last serviced by garage?
Stop spending £ get a local trade block diagnostic check to provide data.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by Toptek on May 22, 2024, 09:47:07 PM »
We had a similar issue with an elderly CRV. I never got to the bottom of it and eventually removed the siren from the back of the car.
Potential solutions was a new car battery if old and ensure it is charged, we did similar driving for several years beforehand so not sure if it was the issue. The second potential issue was parasitic drain of the siren batteries due to their age which may have been the issue, combined with the short trips to work having an impact on the main battery.
We did change the main battery but the short trips to work persisted.
Sorry for the rambling...
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / LEFT AND FORWARD COLLISION WARNINGS SUDDENLY very active
« Last post by Hebden on May 22, 2024, 09:40:54 PM »
Today, for the first time have had multiple red collision and P warnings on the left and front. Having read through the manual these are definitely parking sensor warnings. Nothing really to cause this.  Is it likely to be a camera or sensor fault or is there a recall of some kind out? Also wondering if anything has accidentally been adjusted or reset.  We usually set off with the forward white line crossing turned off.  Appreciate advice.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Honda jazz 2007 automatic idle to drive problems
« Last post by Haz on May 22, 2024, 08:41:22 PM »
Hello! I am new here and at my wits end with my lovely Honda Jazz 07 automatic.  :'( when my car is rolling it drives, starts fine. But when I’m idling in traffic or moving from neutral to drive, my rev count goes right down and the car has stalls! I’ve since changed all fluids (correct fluid on engine and auto transmission) changed spark plugs cleaned the coils cleaned the torque valve all with no avail. My car hasn’t stalled since changing these things but my rev count drops then something thuds and it goes massively up like I’m pressing acceleration, when I have my foot on the brake!! I’m at the end of ideas, all mechanics just say it’s bullet proof, which is great but my car is not running right! Please help!!
New Members / Re: Hi from The Netherlands
« Last post by Marco1979 on May 22, 2024, 06:29:30 PM »
The Civic now has 5,000 kilometers on the clock, mostly due to a trip to the south of France. So I got to know it a bit better.

The e:hev system is more refined than in the Jazz. The engine is quieter and is off for longer. At 90 kmph (55ish mph) you can drive 2500 meters on electricity and charging takes about 1100 meters. As smooth as the Jazz, but more economic. Engine was off at least 60% of time and distance.
Going downhill there is more electric braking, nicely controlled by the flappy paddles. Once the battery is full, engine braking is used but you do not hear it at all (the system graphic does show it). This is an improvement :).
Also an improvement is that the engine does not come on as often on a cold start. It lets you drive out of your street on electric power only.

On the highway, around 110 to 120 kmph (60 to 70 mph) consumption was 4.5 l/100km. Except when very windy and rainy, then it would go up to 5.5ish.
Now that the Civic has some more miles on the clock it becomes more economic: last 2 weeks back in the Netherlands it managed 3.27 l/100km which is a whopping 86 mpg  :o. The trip computer is spot on, same values as when filling up and calculating it. The Jazz always was too optimistic. My full tank record in the Jazz was 3.45, so it seems to be even more economic. Amazing! (btw: all on Shell Vpower e5)

So far no negative experiences encountered!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on May 22, 2024, 05:41:59 PM »
I get what your saying but not the case, the FM signal is amplified and the adapters have an amplified feed, it is simply the DAB connector in the car loom appears to be Honda proprietary, very similar to Fakra connectors which are widely available but sadly not the same.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by jazzyb88 on May 22, 2024, 05:31:06 PM »
There is no cable available (at least I can’t find one) to convert the DAB antenna cable in the Honda loom to an SMA connector if you choose to purchase & use a USB DAB adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having done a bit of research, I think the reason you cannot find this is that the Jazz could be using an amplified 12v signal to the DAB aerial built in the car and the stock HU provides this but aftermarket HUs do not. Having read about a similar era CRV that was the discovery and so it would then make sense why no connectors exist.

Anyway, expecting my HU to be delivered tomorrow so hopefully by this weekend I'll get around to fitting it.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Karoq on May 22, 2024, 05:18:08 PM »
I must admit that my eNiro has had ONE warranty problem. Very noisy O/S/R window motor.
Replaced very quickly with no fuss by Hendy Bournemouth.
On the free service they also noticed that the plastic undertray that protects the battery had a big chunk out of one corner. Obviously the previous owner had thrown a brick (or something similar) onto the tray and knocked the corner off.
Again it was replaced with no fuss and F.O.C. and it wasn't even a warranty claim.
10/10 for Kia and Hendy.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by chrisv on May 22, 2024, 03:32:28 PM »
Hi,
Guess what, my alarm is going off again, after paying over £400 I am not happy, booked in at honda again, told them I don't expect another bill,
Chris
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Garmin Map Update Procedure
« Last post by R2D3 on May 22, 2024, 02:59:45 PM »
Mine was in for its second annual service two days ago, and they updated the mapping to the latest version, as they did last year.

My nearest dealership last year, wanted to charge £40 for them to do the update, but I discovered by going to my second nearest, the update was free.

If you don’t ask, etc, etc!

What map version do you have now?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything