Author Topic: Thinking of buying a 2013 Hybrid HS-T CVT  (Read 2930 times)

guest6629

Thinking of buying a 2013 Hybrid HS-T CVT
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:40:29 PM »
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy this car (£7,800, 68,000 miles on the clock) and interested in thoughts about when you might expect to need serious work done on it (and perhaps what this would be most likely to be).

Also when looking under the bonnet (and I don't pretend to understand hybrids enough to know what I was looking at) there were several components showing apparent signs of rust, which seemed a bit odd. (Car hadn't been "detailed".)

Information and thoughts welcome. (Also looking at an HS - without satnav - for £700 more but with only 23,000 miles on clock).

All information and thoughts welcome.

Thanks in advance

Natalie

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Thinking of buying a 2013 Hybrid HS-T CVT
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
My 2011 HS turned over 200,000 miles today.
Apart from normal serviceable items, tyres, brakes etc it has needed 2 side light bulbs and a new battery (engine battery, £96).
Personally I would go without the sat nav as they need updating, and go for a windscreen mounted one or a smartphone app.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:37:36 PM »
My 2011 HS turned over 200,000 miles today.
Apart from normal serviceable items, tyres, brakes etc it has needed 2 side light bulbs and a new battery (engine battery, £96).
Personally I would go without the sat nav as they need updating, and go for a windscreen mounted one or a smartphone app.
I thought the aircon was also playing up?

As a former owner of the hybrid Jazz I would note that Honda's IMA system gives the most benefit in stop-start driving when deceleration energy can be recovered and used to help the next acceleration. The same applies for bendy coultry roads but the IMA does little to improve fuel economy on motorways. Instead there's the extra weight of the battery (and if you want a spare wheel then it goes in the boot). However, the motor helps provide smooth and fuss-free acceleration and provides a more enjoyable drive than the normal Jazz.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 08:56:24 PM »
The air con was playing up, and was stripped down and diagnosed as needing a new compressor clutch (basically a new compressor). The main dealer put it all back together and it works fine as long as it stays under 25 degrees, so apart from 10 days of the year it will be fine  :D

On these recent cold days the windows have stayed mist free, so its still good.

Tags:

anything