Author Topic: Honda Jazz, 2004, automatic, mysterious problem  (Read 746 times)

sinisake

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz, 2004. automatic
Honda Jazz, 2004, automatic, mysterious problem
« on: March 21, 2024, 06:10:55 PM »
Hi, my name is Sinisa, and i am new here.

I hope some of you guys maybe could help me. My auto mechanics, exactly, 2 of them, are confused, and can't diagnose problem, yet.

I am driving beautiful Honda Jazz model, with automatic transmission, from 2004.

Before 12 months, or so, i have experienced strange problem. I will try to describe it, as better as i can.

Sometimes, during the driving (i have tried to find some rule, without success!) the car starts to behave strangely - the RPM number jumps (even without pushing the acceleration pedal/gas!), the indicator of the choosen mode (i am in D (drive), always), starts to blink, the car starts to SLOWING DOWN/losing power, and even the pushing of the gas - doesn't help. Sometimes, this takes few seconds, and car suddenly goes back to normal behaviour. But, sometimes, like the last time, i have to stop the car, and turn it on, again. Then, everything is fine, except check engine indicator.

Sometimes, after these strange episodes, check engine indicator remains silent, but sometimes, like, again, the last time, the indicator stays turned on. My mecanics have read the error codes few times. First time, it was related to exhaust gasses, the last time, before month or so - the error code indicated problem with the automatic transmission...

The last mechanic, before 4 months, have cleaned up the EGR valve - i found out, after some online researching, that Jazz from that period (mk1 version, 2004, i think), can have problems with the EGR valves. Also, he replaced spark plugs, with the new ones, just in case...

Luckily, the problem disappeared, temporarily, BUT, before month or so, it started again!

Before few days, the incident was serious, the car have slowed down from 100km/h to 0, no matter what i've tried, the gas/acceleration didn't worked, and i had to stop the car. After i turned it on, all is working fine, again!

The check engine is, of course, turned on now (i will provide error code as soon as i get to my mechanic, but he will not be free until the next week, unfortunatelly).

Luckily, i have recorded short video from the last incident, so, maybe it could help. Maybe some of you had similar/same problems.

Is it really just EGR valve, which should be replaced, or can it be something else, more serious?

Thanks in advance!

Video:
P.S. Check engine indicator is turned off, again, so i don't have error code. In the last few days, car works perfectly! Very strange, and i feel, small problem...  ???
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:52:50 PM by sinisake »

Tags:

anything