Author Topic: Jazz turns off right after starting - recently started losing power  (Read 2259 times)

waqas351

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2006 Automatic 1.3 83hp L13A1
Right so my first post on this forum. please guide me if im in the wrong place or if i dont include something in my description, ill try my best to explain everything.

my car: honda jazz 2006 sport automatic 1.3 83hp L13A1

So the issue which started about 10 months ago is that the car turns on when I turn the key but turns off instantly. kind of like a stall on a manual. I got a way around it but now when im trying to accelerate the car abit faster the rpms go up considribly however the car doesnt accelerate that much faster, the car also makes a noise as if under alot of load but the acceleration is the same as if im gently accelerating.

so theres these 2 issues now.

First, the car turns off after starting, i put on the obd2 and got a code for the map sensor, which i replaced with a third party map sensor. it kind of allowed me to bypass that problem, so with the new sensor it still had the same problem but if i turned the key once and it turned off and then i turned it again straight away it would turn on and stay on then with some trial and error i got it down to "turn ignition on, turn ignition off, crank" and it will start and stay on, would have to do that quickly without any stops. so for the past 10 months i just been using it like that and its just become muscle memory now. in that 10 month period i have had engine light come on twice both times it said fuel bank1 too lean and it cleared itself after like a day both times. im not sure if the map sensor i got was also faulty or not but it wouldnt give me a code for map sensor anymore. (just remembered the too lean mixture probably was because of a broken clip for air intake pipe, which was resolved and havent had that code come up since).

Now the car feels like its losing power, doesnt accelerate as quickly when i get onto a higher speed road and feels like it struggles.

so today i took the map sensor out to see and it was covered in oil, dabbed tissue in the hole and it came back soaked in oil. dont know why that is. Also cleaned up EGR valve. And 10 months ago before this started i did replace all 8 spark plugs, the reason i had to replace the map sensor is because i tried cleaning it with a electrical cleaner and i think that destroyed it.

any sort of help will be amazing, please ask me for any information and ill provide it to the best of my abillity.  :D thnak you all

Tags:

anything