Author Topic: Jazz 2003 leaking from dashboard area , any tips?  (Read 2704 times)

WinneJazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2002 blue
Jazz 2003 leaking from dashboard area , any tips?
« on: March 06, 2024, 09:42:25 PM »
Hello Jazzies, my jazz has been leaking for a long time. finally taking some steps in fixing it.
The front right side of the car(passenger side, when driving correct side  ;) had a lot of water under the carpet, the foam was drenched. the water seems to be running along the white seam in the right corner, next to red tube.

The left side of the car shows same problem, but didnt collect as much water.
as you can see rust is everywhere, not sure if there is more then one leak on each side. best guess is that the water just gets trapped and drenches the foam. will first tackle the leaks in the corners , for a start.

Im unsure whether to apply  kit sealant from engine bay or to remove more interior to find the source of the leak and seal it there. anyone with experience here?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Jazz 2003 leaking from dashboard area , any tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 05:54:38 AM »
The 1st place to check - behind the passenger glove box take a look for the cabin filter if blocked by muck/ debris. Replace the filter with an OE part like blue print readily available from motor parts.
2nd area does the water enter when parked or when driving in rain flooded roads?
Are the rear floor carpets also wet.
Please let the forum have more info. If you search Jazz MK1 section plenty if comments on leaks + how to solve..
Someone will be able to help on your problem.

WinneJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 10:29:32 PM »
The water enters when its parked/raining. Rear carpets are not wet. Will check that filter.

Most leaks are in the back of the car or caused trough doors. havent found one that also has water coming in from under dash.

WinneJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 10:37:11 AM »
Update; took our the cabin filter. Not wet or anything. Just now took out airbag, to get better visual.

Tags:

anything