Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 20771 times)

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Re: Error Message
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 09:05:33 AM »
Hi RichardA

Sorry, thinking through the night, I may have misunderstood your last post

If you mean they checked the hosting logs for clubjazz, (which you should be able to see as well from your control panel), then they are correct, no error found.

The reason for no errors is because no errors would be present within the hosting logs, due to the issue most likely been DNS/NS related.

That is why I thought you meant they checked the DNS logs, which thinking again last night, does not make sense not finding an error, as TG and myself both ran manual lookups which failed, so at the very least, these failed lookup should be present in the logs for NS/DNS. That said though, as I stated earlier, these logs become very full very quickly, so they have a tendency to be short lived before been deleted/overwritten

Did you open the support ticket to specifically have the nameservers corrected.

Many thanks and sorry if I am causing confusion

John

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
I opened a support ticket and attached jocko's screen shot and a link to your post ref. DNS config.

They responded by requesting a time & date so they can check the logs, and I gave them the time & date of Vic's original post and his IP address. I know I can check the logs myself and that they may have been overwriten since then, but i assumed they could somthing at their end or suspected something different.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
Hi RichardA

Many thanks

I would update or create a new support ticket just for the nameservers to be corrected

A simple test proves they are wrong and could cause the issue been seen/posted

The support people should have realised it's a nameserver issue, or nameservers are wrong, but you cannot guarantee they picked this up. If they had, the nameservers should be showing clear of issues, which they are not sorry. It takes a few seconds to correct then a period of usually 8 hours to fully propagate

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
Oh sorry, you need to include clubjazz.co.uk as well as clubjazz.org for nameservers corrections

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 06:26:37 PM »
Hi RichardA

Congratulations clubjazz.org now resolves and passes all test for NS/DNS

Please could you also open a ticket to have clubjazz.co.uk for the same nameserver correction.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has same issue as reported earlier to start this thread.

If you do, please could you take a screenshot and post

Many thanks

John

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 09:59:47 AM »
I am being plagued by the error message this morning. Windows 10, Google Chrome.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2017, 10:08:21 AM »
Hi jacko

Please could I ask you exactly what URL you used

Was it http://clubjazz.org or https://clubjazz.org

All nameservers are showing correct now so it should not be this causing the issue

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
Hi

Sorry, also could you open a command prompt (search command and double click the command.exe)

Then type ping clubjazz.org

It will ping it 4 times and could you post the result

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
Hi jacko

Sorry, just tried in chrome from here and no issue, but noticed on computer (picture is bigger then little mobile phone)

Could you click details next time it happens, and post, which may reveal more details over the issue

Many thanks

John

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2017, 08:24:49 AM »
Got the error again and ran the Ping test but as soon as the command prompt ran the three tests it just closed the window. Then the Forum returned. Assume the Ping test acted like a refresh.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 08:30:31 AM »
I was barred from entry as well for a few milliseconds,  just tried again and no problem

PDF screen grab attached

Using Waterfox

[attachment deleted by admin]
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 09:48:29 AM »
Hi

Sorry I'm posting here so as not to disturb RichardA thread

@jacko - the ping test is separate to browser and would not normally autoclose. The actual line I was interested in was the very first line, which shows dns resolution. The test that follows, may fail due to numerous reasons. But thank you for trying ping test.

The nameservers are fully correct and all dns should now be fully propagated- so this can be excluded fully

Tapatalk had a blank screen around 8.30 this morning, but refreshed and it appeared

I myself, given that 3 users, using different access methods (browser and tapatalk) had issue around 8.30am today, would indicate an issue on the server or website, but hopefully something would be logged as it is not dns, so a call to website should have gone through and be logged

I hope that helps a little, and please, I am posting here to keep RichardA thread clean and just explain my thoughts

Many thanks

John

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »
Hi John. It certainly auto closes on my set up. I use the command prompt now and again, so I am not unfamiliar with it. Can I add a suffix to the command to stop it closing?

d2d4j

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »
Hi jacko

Many thanks

I've not really heard of that before then sorry.

The ping command should not autoclose command prompt

Did you open command prompt first, then type ping command or try to run ping as command itself  if you see what I mean. I always open command prompt first then type commands as needed.

As I said though, running the ping was only for the first line, to ensure it resolved clubjazz.org correctly to its IP address

I guess pathping might have been a better choice if needing to see where packet loss etc maybe happening. This is not happening here though, so ping is fine

Many thanks

John

guest1372

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »
Hi John. It certainly auto closes on my set up. I use the command prompt now and again, so I am not unfamiliar with it. Can I add a suffix to the command to stop it closing?
ping clubjazz.org -t  keeps going until you kill it i.e. Ctrl-C
--
TG

Tags: