Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 36054 times)

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2021, 06:59:22 PM »
I don’t get the mirrors thing (that’s what the camera and guidance system is for) but the seat would be nice.

The mirrors thing is that the passenger mirror moves downwards when reverse is selected so you car see the kerb. Helps to protect against kerbing.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2021, 12:14:11 AM »
Ah, makes sense. I haven’t parked against a kerb for about a decade!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2021, 03:36:38 AM »
My Xantias had that auto moving passenger door mirror and it was such a good idea.

Honda put it in one model, so they know how to do it, then totally ignore it on new models.

More cost cutting like no interior auto dimming mirror ?
Let's be careful out there !

TiJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2021, 12:23:05 PM »
I don’t like auto dimming mirrors, they’re never dark enough.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2021, 01:06:01 PM »

But they darken as much as doing it manually! Or at least they do on all the cars I have had with auto dimming mirrors.
It is very strange Honda don’t include it as a safety measure to avoid drivers being blinded by following cars. They fit a multitude of other systems but not something as simple as auto dimming mirrors - why?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2021, 01:16:03 PM »
I agree.

When you look through the back window at night it's misleading as you can see quite clearly, very little dimming. But when you get a dose of headlights behind it dims very dark.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2021, 01:20:54 PM »

But they darken as much as doing it manually! Or at least they do on all the cars I have had with auto dimming mirrors.
It is very strange Honda don’t include it as a safety measure to avoid drivers being blinded by following cars. They fit a multitude of other systems but not something as simple as auto dimming mirrors - why?

Not so hard to avoid being dazzled by the vehicle behind, just move your head a bit, if the vehicle looks like its gonna be there for a while just manually dip the mirror,   if I was driving at night I often just dipped the mirror before setting off.  No auto dip is hardly a deal breaker for most buyers, especially most of the older generation where the Jazz is aimed.  Side mirrors don't dazzle and they are fine for rear view.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2021, 10:25:41 PM »

Not so hard to avoid being dazzled by the vehicle behind, just move your head a bit, if the vehicle looks like its gonna be there for a while just manually dip the mirror,   if I was driving at night I often just dipped the mirror before setting off.  No auto dip is hardly a deal breaker for most buyers, especially most of the older generation where the Jazz is aimed.  Side mirrors don't dazzle and they are fine for rear view.

Agreed, but then neither is Lane Keeping Assistance or any other of the “safety” measures built into the new Honda essential. Sure you can move your head or adjust the mirror manually but if auto-grabbing the steering to keep the car in the lane defined by the electronics is considered a must to gain max 5 star safety rating then I would suggest that auto dimming so avoiding getting the driver blinded by a following car with full-on headlights is also an ‘essential”. Also a lot safer!

TiJazz

• Approved Member
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2021, 10:47:13 PM »
Eh? When it’s night and you get in your car, flip the mirror. When it’s day and you get in your car, don’t flip the mirror.

You don’t need to touch it while driving.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2021, 05:20:03 AM »
On my older cars without auto dimming I used to have my RVM on permanent dip.

With the advent of DRL, especially high up on Range Rovers and the like, it worked well. No safety issue in seeing where I've been.

No auto dimming is not a deal breaker for me.

Basil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 S Mk2 - GG5 & 1.5 Sport Mk3 - GK5
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2021, 08:00:55 AM »
This has probably already been mentioned somewhere but where are these cars built, is it in Japan ?

I think the Mk 1's were built in Japan, the Mk 2's in Swindon, were the Mk 3's built in Mexico ?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2021, 08:37:57 AM »
This has probably already been mentioned somewhere but where are these cars built, is it in Japan ?

I think the Mk 1's were built in Japan, the Mk 2's in Swindon, were the Mk 3's built in Mexico ?
The European Jazz Mk 4 is made in Japan as was the Mk 3 (VIN starting "J").

It was the European HR-Vs which were put together in Mexico (VIN starting 3HG) although 2019? MY onwards were also made in Japan in belated reaction to quality problems caused by the Mexican assembly + North American components.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Basil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 S Mk2 - GG5 & 1.5 Sport Mk3 - GK5
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2021, 09:33:54 AM »
Ah ok thanks John.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2021, 12:49:49 PM »
The MY21 Jazz EX has tilting passenger mirror on reverse  :D

I couldn't find out whether the Crosstar has it as well as there wasn't one in the showroom with documentation.

I saw one in the carpark and I must say, it's larger than I expected and I liked it. I've registered my interest for when test drives are available.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 01:33:35 PM by Kremmen »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2021, 01:49:56 PM »

Not noticed a problem on the Vauxhall, it's the first car I've had with it on. The driver's wing mirror is also auto dimming.

Tags:

anything