Author Topic: NO:EGO Racing - I mean my daily driven $500 Jazz  (Read 739 times)

NO:EGO

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Smokin Joe CBR600F, 2002 Jazz (S), 2007 Stream RS-Z
NO:EGO Racing - I mean my daily driven $500 Jazz
« on: March 11, 2020, 01:04:43 AM »
So my Jazz was a $500 car. I planned to race it on Lemons. NO:EGO is the team name we were going to use.  A fictional Japanese inspired race crew that would just ninja up the track in seemingly small cheap cars - and bikes on bike days that would suddenly vanish and appear out of nowhere. Rumors had it an R20 from the Honda Stream and forced induction helped aid the Jazz and other such things in other small cars. 4AGZE in a Yaris. Then again rumors are rumors....

Yeah anyway so that never happened. I have the username as tribute to the potential the Jazz could have had. Might actually get a decal made for the Jazz in the honor of it all. This Jazz is a base model 2002 Taffeta White DSi CVT.

So it never became a race car. My teens didn't seem keen to drive it. So it became a daily. And it gave me the finger by lunching its CVT. Which I gave back when I replaced it over a weekend with one from Facebook for $80 with beers (not too many! Inebriated wrenching leads to failure!) Easiest gearbox change I've done - I was once a mechanic so that stuff is a process but not 'hard'. I serviced the engine, replaced plugs, cleaned throttle body, EGR, got junkyard coils which I tested to replace dying ones. Still driving on that gearbox

The junkyard has been raided countless times for bits. Rear alloys, side skirts, panels, plastic guards etc. I machine polished the whole car. Attempted paint less dent removal where I could. Its rippled and is character.

Front alloys came from a friends Fit - jap import Jazz, because he didn't like miss matching wheels and didn't want to buy any wheels. So I swapped my steels and gave him my two best hubcaps, because I prefer alloys. Then wof time was up and the tires with the steels were no good, I went to the junkyard and got the rear alloys. Multi fit no name jappers off some old Nissan. But 14" and multi fit 4 stud and positive offset. Measurements added up and and test fitting on a wrecked Jazz confirmed they fit and so went on.

Future plans, window tint, NO:EGO Racing decal on front a rear windows, junkyard hunt front and rear bumper lips and rear wing, keep it running! It'll see 300,000 km's no problem.

Edit to (try) add some more pictures. Lost the before photo's sadly.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:39:03 AM by NO:EGO »

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Re: NO:EGO Racing - I mean my daily driven $500 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 07:45:08 AM »
Welcome.
I like the antipodean format of your photo.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: NO:EGO Racing - I mean my daily driven $500 Jazz
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 06:40:39 PM »
Looks quite funky in white  8)

Tags:

anything