Author Topic: Used Jazz Review - Auto Express  (Read 1489 times)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Used Jazz Review - Auto Express
« on: October 24, 2020, 05:37:11 PM »
There's a used Mk3 Jazz review in Auto Express.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/jazz/98416/used-honda-jazz-review
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Used Jazz Review - Auto Express
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 05:56:03 PM »
There's a used Mk3 Jazz review in Auto Express.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/jazz/98416/used-honda-jazz-review

In same page is this group test - I have read a lot of good things about Suzuki, my brother is very happy with his Vitara 1.4 boosterjet - my next car may well be a Suzuki. 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/baleno/96080/suzuki-baleno-vs-honda-jazz-vs-nissan-note
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 06:00:45 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 01:48:49 PM »
That's a nice review, I came from a 2015 1.2 tsi Fabia to my 2018 Jazz CVT. The Fabia has it all over the Jazz on performance and at one time it would have been a big factor for me. However as age creeps on one looks for so much more in a car and the Jazz has it in spades.
I am blown away by the amount of technology, in the EX iNavi, even as a an 80 yr old I love to 'play' though have to admit to not always understanding ;).
The review staes the jazz has 15" wheels and it may be worth a mention the EX has 16".

Just one last observation. Much is made of the "constant drone" of the CVT box but when driven with a light right foot I haven't had a problem, the engine and 'box note sound the same as a manual.

Harry

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 02:03:54 PM »

Just one last observation. Much is made of the "constant drone" of the CVT box but when driven with a light right foot I haven't had a problem, the engine and 'box note sound the same as a manual.

Harry

Strangely enough the people who test drive cars do not pay for the fuel they use.

If they did, their driving might be slower and the cars quieter..

(I treat road testers as adults who are basically spotty 18 year olds)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 02:36:40 PM »

Harry

Strangely enough the people who test drive cars do not pay for the fuel they use.

Testers are just as biased as most people,  and often do not understand the differing needs of car buyers -  not everyone wants a hot hatch.  Sometimes I fear the result of road tests depends on which car companies buy most advertising in you magazine....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »

Harry

Testers are just as biased as most people,  and often do not understand the differing needs of car buyers -  not everyone wants a hot hatch.  Sometimes I fear the result of road tests depends on which car companies buy most advertising in you magazine....

+1.

Plasma.

Happyarry

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 06:25:04 PM »

Harry

Sometimes I fear the result of road tests depends on which car companies buy most advertising in you magazine....

Did you just describe Ford Motor Co there  ;D

Harry

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 03:44:34 AM »
Auto Express have been guilty of bad reviews just to please the VAG group for years who spend heavily on advertising. Often with a 2 page spread inside tbe cover page.

The Jazz comes far better equipped than any VW, Seat or Audi and is more reliable.
Let's be careful out there !

Happyarry

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 08:29:55 AM »
Auto Express have been guilty of bad reviews just to please the VAG group for years who spend heavily on advertising. Often with a 2 page spread inside tbe cover page.

The Jazz comes far better equipped than any VW, Seat or Audi and is more reliable.

Skoda have a very good reliability record but yes, the Jazz is even more reliable and far better equipped.
I only mentioned Ford as almost every Youtube review of a car mentions " It doesn't drive quite as well as a Fiesta" or "Focus" and many Ford models have hit the market given 5 stars but before all the niggly faults start to raise their heads. ;D

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 09:00:08 AM »
Good reveiw. Thanks for the link.  :)

I took the option of their 99p subscription offer with free gift!

Tags: