Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 35455 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2020, 10:44:01 PM »
After 14 years the spare on my Mk 1 looks like it has never been on the car. I have never had it out to see if the paint around the bolt holes shows any wear on the rear. The tools are still sealed in the bag in which Honda supplied them.
Regarding Runflat tyres. I was telling my brother I had bought four tyres. He said he bought four tyres for his BMW. They are Runflat tyres, and they cost him £280 per tyre!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2020, 04:57:40 AM »
I too have never had a puncture in about 20 years and my spacesavers have never been used. My last one though, on a Xantia destroyed the tyre and gunk wouldn't have worked.

My main journey is the M4 from J3 to 10 which is going to be a smart motorway soon so as you say, probably safer to leap over the barrier and wait.
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2020, 07:10:10 AM »
I would never try and change a tyre on the hard shoulder. In fact, it is heavily frowned upon by the highway guys and by the police.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2020, 03:37:46 PM »
My main journey is the M4 from J3 to 10 which is going to be a smart motorway soon so as you say, probably safer to leap over the barrier and wait.

Almost certainly, smart motorways are deadly. I'm with Jocko in this one.

As for hard shoulders, if you absolutely insist on changing a wheel, you should contact the control centre on an emergency phone first... if they deem it necessary, and one is available, they may send a Highways traffic officer to you for protection.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »
It seems as though the mobile phone, together with more robust tyres, have eliminated the need to carry a spare. However, this would be a problem in a remote area without a phone signal.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2020, 04:40:58 PM »
The TPMS should provide warning of a slowish puncture which the gunk should be able to fix but if it's very slow then it could be a matter of adding some air and heading for a tyre repair place. If the TPMS gives little or no warning of a puncture then I doubt if the gunk will be able to seal it. For many years I've carried a spare in case of a puncture in the middle of nowhere where's there's no phone signal. However, rural mobile phone coverage has progressively improved. While I would first try using my mobile to call HondaCare, I think that it's possible to use the built-in Honda connected services to call for help (I need to re-read the book) which might be advantageous as the eSIM will probably use the best of whatever phone signals it can find whereas my phone is stuck with one network. Otherwise it'll be necessary to walk up a hill in search of a signal.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2020, 08:37:16 PM »
the eSIM will probably use the best of whatever phone signals it can find whereas my phone is stuck with one network. Otherwise it'll be necessary to walk up a hill in search of a signal.

In case of real emergencies, it's also worth remembering that your phone will automatically route any call to emergency services (999/112) via any available network, regardless of which network you are on - or indeed will work without any sim in the phone at all.

I'll say it before anyone else does, I don't think they'll come out for flat tyres  ;D

GoJazzGo

• Registered Member
  • Jazz owner since 2017
  • My Honda: Honda Hybrid Crossstar
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
Love every aspect of it.

Mostly I love the electric torque takeoff from start.

Dynamic cruise and lane control is brilliant.
Roy

chicksee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2020, 11:42:16 AM »
Have to say after 4 months of having the Crosstar I look forward to driving again, long time since I’ve enjoyed driving as much. Loving it so far.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2020, 11:56:27 AM »
Only just over 2 months to go for a CrossStar test drive. From these posts though, looking good.

Wonder if there will be a MY21 change list. They always change things in year 2 from owner and franchise reports.

I waited for a MY13 Civic because the MY12, first release year, had no DAB and the iMid had a bug. You could only rotate round the iMid options/screens when stationary and handbrake on.
The MY13 fix, that couldn't  be retro fixed, allowed rotating round tank range, A and B trips and average MPG from a steering wheel button.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2020, 09:58:32 AM »
In the Crosstar, what do they mean by interior soft touch mesh as opposed to the Jazz soft touch leather ?

Which bits are mesh and what does it look like ?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2020, 10:49:03 AM »
These areas on the dash - on the Crosstar the material is a bit like the material that's on an alexa speaker and on Jazz it is like a soft leather.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2020, 10:58:18 AM »
Close up of the material.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2020, 12:25:22 PM »
Thanks

I think I prefer the Crosstar darker material so it's looking good for next year ..... Crosstar:

Softer suspension
Better audio

Still wondering why no models include auto dimming mirror and the HRV style dipping passenger mirror on reverse. 2 quality touches missed.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
I found a better picture of the Crosstar dash material, you can see the texture.

Tags: