Author Topic: how do i install remote locking system?  (Read 22610 times)

Ovolactohippo

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz 1.2
Re: how do i install remote locking system?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 05:40:10 PM »
Thanks very much to this forum and particularly this topic for getting me up and running with a remote unlock kit (I bought the Hawk Ha-008 kit). My drivers door barrel won't allow a key into it for a while now so finally got around to fitting this this weekend.

My lock / unlock wires were same as TG's instructions. I took my time to make sure I got everything correct before cutting wires as the wires are so tight. I cut the lock / unlock wires before they get to the grey connector in the footwell as I found that easier to get at. I left the cut wire coming from the door lock unconnected for now as the lock does not work anyway and I can't see that it's causing any issue for me at the moment (passenger door, boot and interior master switch all operate central locking fine). I used the top bolt for the bonnet open as my grounding point - just crimped black, yellow/black and yellow wires into a fork type connector and put that under the bolt.

I didn't disconnect the battery whilst I worked which I know would have been advisable. I used a fuse tap / add a circuit for power and was very careful / took my time before cutting and connecting the lock /unlock.

All works a treat including deadlocking with a double press of the lock on the remote.

Fawad407

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.2, 2005
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 05:49:26 PM »

Im having some trough with this. I have wired it all up. The unit unlocks, but does not lock. I can hear the relays clicking but the doors do not lock.
Please if anyone can help me.
Thanks

saintadjg

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2007 1.2 Honda Jazz
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 09:07:26 PM »
Hi
I just fitted one of these units in my 2007 Jazz.
It locks ok but doesn't unlock.  If I press unlock while the door is unlocked it sounds like the actuator is working, however when the door is locked nothing. Central locking is working from boot & passenger locks. Any ideas.

saintadjg

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2007 1.2 Honda Jazz
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »
Update.
Connected the the grounds directly to the car body and it works a charm.

rofled

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz VTi
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2021, 03:29:48 AM »
Hi all!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the helpful instructions and images here, without these I would've never attempted to fit the cheap aftermarket remote control to my Jazz. However, I still ran into some troubles, I'm not sure if I have a special version, but for me only the driver's side door would activate the central locking, so when that lock broke (got stuck) it was a real pain to get into the car (climb in through passenger side, reach over to unlock all other doors by pulling the pin on driver's side).

Anyway, I just wanted to add some pictures for people who have the same type arrangement and where the wires and colors likely also don't match the ones posted here earlier.

As you can see in the attached pictures below, there was only one 5-pin connector with relevant wires near the fusebox coming from the driver's side door. I found that the two leftmost ones activate the driver's side mechanism (likely a solenoid?), with reversing the polarity between them deciding if the door locks or unlocks. I tried tapping into that, but after a detailed look into the wiring diagram (I am still not sure which one applies in this situation, and the colors anyway did not match for me) I found that I would have to cut the wires so the remote can take over control (they'd be connected to ground while inactive, so injecting 12 V into either by themselves would lead to a short circuit). So you'd have to follow the relevant diagram from the manual that comes with your remote.

So in my case I had the orange and orange/black wires connected to ground, yellow and yellow/black connected to +12V (via a separate fuse tap) and the white and white black connected to the yellow and white/black wire from the 5 pin connector to the door.

If you want the indicators to blink for open/close you can use the green and green/yellow wires on the connector above, as you can see from the pictures I used wire tap connectors to tap the brown wires from the remote control unit to the indicator lights.

After spending way too much time in the foot rest area I am happy to report that this is all working really well for me, and I would like to thank all the people here for providing all this information. I hope this helps others who have similar lock problems and happen to have one of the Hondas like mine where the central locking seems to be wired a little differently.

https://imgur.com/a/ptxOZ7Y

Cheers, Roland!

gd3jazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2005 1.5L GD3
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 04:38:35 AM »
Hi TG,
I recently bought a Honda Jazz 2005 GD3 1.5L and i wanted to install aftermarket alarm to it however i am unsure to which wires that the car has. Currently it has central locking, with the original remote working and drivers door button working.
I had a look on this thread, however your pictures on tinypic are gone. Are you able to repost those pictures please?

Thank you

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2022, 08:50:32 AM »
@TG was one of the most helpful, knowledgeable and genuinely nice people on this forum. Even offered once to come in person to help fix the issue I was having. Unfortunately, for reasons I don’t want to go into, he chose to leave this forum. I think you will need to look elsewhere for your images, sorry.

gd3jazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2005 1.5L GD3
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2022, 09:47:26 AM »
Alright all good RichardFrost.

Tags: