Author Topic: Side window misting  (Read 2537 times)

applicationcen

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz EX i-Shift
Side window misting
« on: December 31, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
I rarely have to drive in zero or minus temperatures - so the recent trip in fog at 0 or minus 3 celsius from London down to Devon was a bit of a pain due to the driver side window misting.

I had the vents angled to drive the air over the window.

On the demist setting offered as one of the options you cycle through, COLD air comes out of them!! Making it uncomfortable to drive on the right hand arm area AND the damn windows steam up!

So after a lot of dangerous experimentation I had the air set to blow through the upper vents only set at about 20c. Now and then I had to hit the button on the dash that is a fast demist to the screen only.

Very unsatisfactory - options.

Any one have any tips if they had to solve the same problem?

guest5079

Re: Side window misting
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 11:28:41 AM »
On Thursday last I had to scrape ice off the inside of the screen, something I don't remember doing in the past. No doubt caused by the previous day producing condensation from the sun through a frozen screen.
I set the button to recirculate the air, put the front demister button in turned up the blower to full and all cleared in pretty short time. The very bottom front edge of the driver/ passenger door windows did fog up a little but that soon cleared. After about two miles I put the air back to normal. Turned the blower back to two lines. No more misting. No I didn't let the car 'warm up' I started and as soon as boss had here seat belt on we were off.
The whole lot was on climate control setting. The outside temperature was -2deg and I live in Devon. For two nights the temperature over night was at -2 deg. As far as I know all moveable vents were pointing directly into the car.
Perhaps I was lucky

guest6425

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »
I have 2011 EX, in the winter I set it to windscreen & feet 21-22 degrees, fan speed 4 (of 8), and aircon on.

I have zero condensation issues, any condensation that's formed during the night etc is gone inside of 2 minutes.

I've always found Honda heaters etc to be very good.

Summer times, less heat, and change from windscreen + feet to Face + Feet. Or face only.

applicationcen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »
This problem persisted for about the first 70 miles. The car had been in shade and unused for three days so perhaps needed a thorough drive to force the moisture out of the car.

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »
Car was heavily iced over this morning, started the engine and after five minutes windscreen and rear windows were clear, ice on the side windows beginning to loosen and scraped off switched Climate back to auto, drove twenty miles with two of us in the vehicle and no sign of misting or condensation on any windows.   

applicationcen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
Good:)

Tags: