Author Topic: Amber radio and aircon faces  (Read 1567 times)

TopDown

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX
Amber radio and aircon faces
« on: September 03, 2016, 02:45:25 PM »
The only thing I dislike about our 'new' 2012 EX compared to the 2008 is that Honda changed the lovely subtle smokey grey/blue radio and aircon faces to a horrible garish amber. Why?  ::)

I don't suppose there is an option in the manual anywhere to change that? It'll be 'hardcoded' in the dash panel 'glass' I guess.

Other than that 'everything else' I've found that has been changed so far has been for the better, in my opinion of course.

It mainly seems to be confined to the front and rear bumpers/lights and some trivial interior trim changes - colour of the door handles, steering wheel and added chrome trim bits on the vents..

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Amber radio and aircon faces
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 03:44:49 PM »
Just to give you food for thought, the hybrids have blue backlights.  ;)

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »
I know that some LCD watches can be reversed by fitting polarising film between the display and glass, might something like that be a possible solution?
Might be worth searching over on 'Fit Freaks', they're very into modding all aspects of the Fit/Jazz?
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

guest6425

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 11:42:11 AM »
They did it so  that the whole dash is uniform, I have a facelift and it's all orange. To be honest I'd prefer that to having orange dials/lighting then a centre console in white.

Tags: