Author Topic: No sport model  (Read 3905 times)

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
No sport model
« on: March 09, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »
Is it me or have honda missed a trick is not having a sport model in the uk

I currently have the jazz sport 07 model and seeing the current line up i was disappointed. That EX model just needs some bodykit and rear spoiler

As with the previous jazz the sport model lacked the 1.5 vtec engine that other countries had, another trick honda seems to have missed

I was looking at the us model sport and that looks the business

Hopefully we will see a sportier version soon
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:54:40 PM by JazzyB »

guest494

Re: No sport model
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
I think you will find that Honda's marketing boffins have found that there is no real call for such a model at the moment.  if and when they do I would have thought that to keep it in line with other Honda UK models  it would probably come with a type s badge (though without any additional power) with a few sporty bits added on to the exterior.

I would also have thought that it would be possible (if it is not already) to purchase rear spoiler side sills etc to add onto the current model line up.

I think Honda have left the 1.5 unit out of the UK due to Co2 output

guest238

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:16:26 PM »
Little or no market I think.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:57:57 AM »
I have noticed that Honda are going very green of late, with S2000 production stopping, dropping out of F1, hydrogen fuelled cars etc.  With 'peak oil' due very soon its hard for car makers to justify bringing out 'sport' models of 'green' cars.

There is legislation in place to cap the 'average CO2 footprint' of car companies across their range, which is why LandRover are in such a pickle, they don't produce small vehicles to offset their gas guzzlers. I suspect that this 'average CO2' cap is being reduced every year as well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ThomP

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
I guess you Brits are just not that sporty :D

In Denmark we have four models to choose from:

Trend (1.2l ~SE)
Comfort (1.4 ~LS)
Sport (1.4)
Executive (1.4 ~EX)

The feature configurations are generally a bit different from the UK models, but the Sport is like the Comfort with added front fog lamps and "sporty bits" - and the only model with "privacy glass". I think it's the same as the German "Comfort Sport-Paket" shown here:
http://www.honda.de/content/automobile/modelle_jazz_technische_daten.php?mv=1027
Storm Silver Metallic rules:)

Tags:

anything