Author Topic: Air Conditioning Performance  (Read 2176 times)

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
Air Conditioning Performance
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »
I recently had a lift in a GE I-Shift. The thing I noticed most was the performance of the Air Conditioning. The air coming from the vents felt much cooler than that in my 2006 Jazz CVT. I had mine re-gassed last year and it is working just fine, when the inside of the windows get misted in damp weather the air con clears them quickly. I have measured the temperature of the air at the centre vents. With an outside air temp of 16C the coolest temps were 5.0C and 4.6C on re-circ. Does anyone know what the correct reading should be?  I have observed in the past that using the air con does not seem to have much effect on the fuel consumption, I usually have it on the lowest fan speed.
[/size]
[/size]If anyone has changed from an older Jazz to a newer one I would welcome their comments on this.

Geoffers

Re: Air Conditioning Performance
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:35:03 PM »
I have, but can't say that I've noticed any difference in the aircon!

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: Air Conditioning Performance
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »
If I were you I was checking the air con radiator, and clean it from the bugs...
After that check the pollen filter how dirty is.
Sometimes the pollen filter is not in because the fan can push more air into the cabin. If it is missing the dust can sit onto the internal cabin radiator and mixing with the mist/water on the radiator and performs mud so the performance drops badly.
Have a look...

Tags: