Author Topic: Fuel gauge stuck at empty: Jazz 2009  (Read 7277 times)

guest1843

Fuel gauge stuck at empty: Jazz 2009
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
As I was driving, the fuel tank indicator went close to empty and the (fuel empty) warning indicator lit up, which was fine. But When I added 15 litres, the needle didn't move. The low fuel warning is still there and the needle is still at the E (empty) mark? Honda workshop person is not surprised, says such thing is common - if sufficient fuel is not added, the needle may not move up.

Is this credible? Any advice?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Fuel gauge stuck at empty: Jazz 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
After adding 15 litres the needle should have moved, I would have thought approx 1/4 showing on the gauge. When the fuel warning light comes on the fuel remaining is approx 7 litres.

I have always filled my cars over the years - empty to full every time. Never had a problem with a fuel gauge.

What tends to happen if you keep filling up just a small amount all the time is the fuel gauge wears out the same bit and so over time the gauge invariably shows incorrect readings.

If you always fill empty to full the gauge wear is more uniform across the whole range.

What I would do is fill the fuel tank up until the fuel nozzle clicks twice. Then check to see what the gauge reads. If its shows full then wait until the fuel gauge shows half then fill up until full again and note how much fuel you put in, it should be approx 21 litres as the Jazz fuel tank holds approx 42 litres. If that happens then the gauge is fine.

If not you could try a non-Honda garage which would be cheaper than a main Honda dealer.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
Re: Fuel gauge stuck at empty: Jazz 2009
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
As I was driving, the fuel tank indicator went close to empty and the (fuel empty) warning indicator lit up, which was fine. But When I added 15 litres, the needle didn't move. The low fuel warning is still there and the needle is still at the E (empty) mark? Honda workshop person is not surprised, says such thing is common - if sufficient fuel is not added, the needle may not move up.

Is this credible? Any advice?

I'm not eighter ....

I'm getting this needle reading after approx. 15 l of gas left in the tank

This after approx. 9 l of gas left in the tank

And this after driving additional 15 km

Well after that I filled up only 32,38 liters to full
100+1 HP

Tags:

anything