Author Topic: TPMS replacement  (Read 1626 times)

bobby boy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
TPMS replacement
« on: February 01, 2024, 12:31:39 PM »
Has anyone had to have replacement sensors fitted to their wheels yet? Tyres are due for replacing, thought it makes sense to replace the sensors at the same time in view of the age (9 years). Experiences of anyone having the job done, and who they used would be appreciated.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: TPMS replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 12:53:44 PM »
TPMS doesn't have sensors as such

It uses each wheel rotation IIRC via the ABS and VSA sensors

But wait for confirmation because I think there was a Jazz model where they were in the tyres
Let's be careful out there !

bobby boy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.2S
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 01:00:44 PM »
Definitely sensors in the wheels it's a 2015 mk2.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 02:50:04 PM »
2015 MY is the only model Jazz to have direct TPMS with sensors. Cost is high, so don't replace unless faulty or batteries are flat.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 03:31:46 PM »
I'd just concentrate on getting the tyres of my choice at the best price for the tyre and fitting.   

The big on line  tyre dealers such as  Blackcircles  and  Mytyres  offer a wide  choice of  tyres and a wide choice of approved  tyre fitters in your area.    Any of  these fitters should be experienced in supplying and fitting sensors and responsible for  ensuring they are working and  properly programmed to your car.

I dont think the cost sensors is normally included in the quoted  price , so it may be worth phoning a few potential fitters to see what they charge for these.  Also check the small print as a few might charge extra for things like disposal of the old tyres  or fitting to alloys.

But I would get them replaced. 9 years old is already pushing your luck.    It would cost more to get the tyres dismounted, remounted and possibly rebalanced ,perhaps quite soon,  as a separate task.   Unless you expect to sell the car very soon   - in which case  is it cost effective buying new tyres?   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 04:56:19 PM »
The or Honda parts are too expensive, you can get kits to repair but they are Chinese paper don't bother. VDO have the correct 433 MHz sensors again only with 12 m guarantee not worth £160 for   all wheels. I run winter tyres on steel wheels without sensors. Never had an issue once alloys refitted light goes out in metres if running.

Tags:

anything