Author Topic: no crank start  (Read 1010 times)

different1936

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 honda jazzs
no crank start
« on: June 05, 2023, 10:55:07 AM »
Hi there i hava maddening problem on my 2016 honda jazz base model key start vehicle. It is an intermittent fault which is wheni put the key in the ignition and go to the start posiition nothing happens key is recognised as the key symbol flashes once amd goes out all dashboard lights are on  amdwhen i let the key go back to position 2 and try again to start the carit will start. Tthis fault occurs every 3 or 4 days. The car runs perfectly when it is started,does any body think this faullt would be stored in the ecu.Ihave changed the clutch safety switch no different, battery is good, all earth points have been cleaned to no avail. Can anybody help .
.many thanks Phil

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: no crank start
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 01:52:41 PM »
Does it help if you do not start right away but let the key in the ON position for a few seconds? It sounds like something has not quite powered up properly (a software bit).

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 05:48:21 PM »
i had this exact problem on a VW a long time ago, the AA man looked at the key with the cowl off but there was something loose with the solonoid on the battery, after he fiddled with it it was ok for the rest of the ownership of the car, he did not use any new parts

i am not sure if the jazz has a battery solonoid, but it does have a solonoid on the starter motor that might be having problems
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 05:58:53 PM by monkeydave »

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 06:23:26 PM »
Not sure if this is relevant to you or not, but the only times I've experienced something similar is when I've not depressed the clutch far enough. If I'm not properly paying attention, I turn the key, and it doesn't start. Try again, this time with brain engaged and left foot firmly on the floor, and there's no problem.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 10:23:46 PM »
Not sure if this is relevant to you or not, but the only times I've experienced something similar is when I've not depressed the clutch far enough. If I'm not properly paying attention, I turn the key, and it doesn't start. Try again, this time with brain engaged and left foot firmly on the floor, and there's no problem.
I agree

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 07:11:54 AM »
Key battery?

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 12:38:42 PM »
Key battery?
No, the key battery feeds  only the central door locking circuit. The car can crank even without that  CR2032.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 02:31:59 PM by jazzaro »

different1936

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 honda jazzs
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2023, 09:31:50 AM »
Many thanks to jazzaro,aphybrid,colinb,and monkeydave for your help with no crank problem i will try them all
and let you know if i have success. Once again many thanks .Phil

Tags:

anything