Author Topic: Fuel gauge reading  (Read 739 times)

Simo

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
Fuel gauge reading
« on: May 19, 2023, 10:35:09 AM »
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and to the Honda cars as well.
I bought a Jazz 1.4 SE 2007 a few days ago from a friend who kept it SORN for a long time.
I filled in the fuel tank, but the fuel gauge is wrong as it shows empty and the pointer is zero. I checked all fuses are working fine. I unplugged the two relays (Red + Blue) at the top right of the attached picture for a few seconds, turned the ignition, and put them back, nothing changed apart from the engine light that came up.
I removed the central console and checked all the connections to the sending unit, and all were ok. The reading voltage for both was around 12V (not sure if this is correct)!

Is there any advice on what to be checked electrically before replacing the sending unit?

BTW, the engine light is gone today when I was at school dropping off my children :)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Fuel gauge reading
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 10:57:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Perhaps the float is punctured. Lift the unit out from the top of the tank, check it is free to move and that the float is not full of petrol.

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Fuel gauge reading
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 04:02:53 PM »
find the earth to the sender unit earth it out and the reading should go up. i suspect its the tank sender unit at fault

Tags: