Author Topic: This may be a very short thread!  (Read 4676 times)

coravel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Hybrid EX
Re: This may be a very short thread!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 10:18:56 PM »
I had my Mk2 Jazz for 10 years and the only time it let me down was when I left it for 7 weeks to go on holiday and the battery went flat.  But I also had a few instances where the tyre valves failed and had to have replacements fitted.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2023, 09:07:48 AM »
A nostalgic thread  about how the 'the good old days' were often not so good in reality  is never going to be 'a very short thread'   ;D
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2023, 10:09:51 AM »

:P
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2023, 12:17:55 PM »
Nah.  Oh look a typewriter.  I remember those.  You could buy twin coloured ribbon, and  sometimes you had to clean fluff from the type letters.And do you  remember carbon paper .... Sorry Jazzik  the possibilities are endless.   ;D

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2023, 01:07:58 PM »
One of my bosses had a Leyland Princess, there was so much room inside it was enormous, looked like an airport lounge. Mind you he was 6ft 6in so good for him.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2023, 01:19:35 PM »
Found a photo of my old 1800, just after I had brush-painted it. PBB839F. It must have been taken 1977-78.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2023, 01:20:16 PM »
The Princess predecessor the Austin 1800 was also huge inside with loads of rear legroom. Minicabs loved them.
Let's be careful out there !

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2023, 01:41:01 PM »
Nah.  Oh look a typewriter.  I remember those.  You could buy twin coloured ribbon, and  sometimes you had to clean fluff from the type letters.And do you  remember carbon paper .... Sorry Jazzik  the possibilities are endless.   ;D

And those waxed stencil sheets you used with a spirit duplicator?

davejazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2023, 01:49:57 PM »
As the original poster, I was hoping to read of any “breakdowns “ that had occurred with our MK 4s.

Enjoyed the trips down memory lane though! 

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2023, 02:18:29 PM »
Enjoyed the trips down memory lane though!

:-*
If nothing goes right, go left!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2023, 02:48:23 PM »
I had a couple of Morris Marinas. They never let me down in terms of failing to start, they always got me to my destination but minor irritations were plentiful - leaking windscreen, heater controls, shock absorbers.

I gather many of the parts were indeed from the parts bin including the front suspension from the Morris Minor.

One thing I've reflected on over the years is how do you define reliability? For me it's does the car start and does it keep going so I would say the Morris Marina was a reliable car but a pretty irritating ownership experience if that makes sense.

Not had any issues with any of the five Hondas I've owned.

Amendment - I did have a water leak on my Mk2 Jazz - a quick fix though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 02:51:21 PM by peteo48 »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2023, 05:48:27 PM »
I bought an Allegro Estate in December 1981 for Ł4k (I think it was the final clear-out sale). I sold it to a brother in 1984 and he / his wife used it for some years before selling it to a friend so cumulatively it clocked up quite a few years and miles without, as far as I'm aware, seriously disgracing itself. Something I noticed was that it didn't get covered in rust as quickly as many of the vehicles of that era but maybe the red paint disguised it. Its main deficiency was having only two doors (in addition to that on the back).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2023, 09:54:58 AM »
Sorry, I misunderstood the initial post and  may have taken us down the nostalgia path.  It didnt occur to me it could be about breakdowns or other quality control issues in a  mk4 Jazz.  I've not had any.       

All I have had is maybe not understanding or not using some of the electronic gismos correctly. My bad, not the cars.  :-[

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2023, 10:51:34 AM »
...Nearside rear window intermittently doesn't work on the driver's door control. This then tells the app that not all of the windows are closed and stops the key fob from opening or closing the windows.
Sometimes the control in the door itself works and sometimes not. Did have a blown fuse on that window upon delivery so it seems not 100% fixed. Switching car off and on again usually sorts it.

Nearside door mirror doesn't always auto unfold upon unlocking the car. That's either by fob, door handle or boot method.
It's not related to temperature and can happen at any time, usually when first unlocking the car so may be amount of time closed?
Always works from driver's door switch though. Always closes too upon locking.

Did have LKAS not function once. All other safety features were 'green' and appeared to be working. Switching off car and restarting seemed to sort it.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2023, 10:59:53 AM »
My Mk4's wipers are starting to judder. I've cleaned them and wiped them over with silicone oil, but I suspect I may need to replace them soon.  ;)

Tags: