Author Topic: Adjusting clock for hour change  (Read 3458 times)

Jazzygirl2

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.4
Adjusting clock for hour change
« on: March 24, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »
Once again I am here to get instructions as to how to change clock for coming weekend!   With acknowledement and thanks to Colin for posting the following:

From memory, I think you've asked this before in the Mk3 forum, from which I assume you have a Jazz with a touchscreen on the centre of the dash ? So, on that screen ...
Tap the Home button at top right (it's an array of 6 dots).
You're now looking for a "Settings" button. If it's not on the screen you're looking at, swipe left or right to see the other Android home screens.
Tap the Settings button, then "System".
You're now looking for something called "Daylight Saving" (or possibly just DST). You'll probably have to scroll down to find it.
Tap that, then select the DST setting to "On".
That will add one hour to the time shown on all clock displays.
Hope that helps.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Adjusting clock for hour change
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 01:00:07 PM »
Once again I am here to get instructions as to how to change clock for coming weekend!

Good to see that you found the info you needed, and welcome to the forum!  8)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 02:15:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I never adjust the clocks in our cars. They're only wrong for half the year!  8)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 02:39:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I never adjust the clocks in our cars. They're only wrong for half the year!  8)

Never adjust the clock on motorbikes,  end of March till end of October is about right for my riding these days  :)
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jazzygirl2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »
Thks for welcome! but am an oldtimer really and had trouble logging in so reinvented myself as a '2'.  Quick search of my old posts = sorted.

I bought car in November so it is back for service around then and I get them to update clock so only have to do it once a year!

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 05:47:41 PM »
Don’t forget to set the time on the sat nav as well if you have one.

Why is it not British Summer Time anymore

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 06:12:07 PM »
Why is it not British Summer Time anymore
Presumably because the software is designed for many countries.  I still call it BST (and of course it doesn’t “save” any daylight!)

Jazzygirl2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 03:54:43 PM »
Sad to have to report unsuccessful attempt .... I got as far as 'date/time'  but then would not allow any of options listed under  be selected.  And this time no 'swipe' needed which was defo the key bit of former attempts.  I wonder if something to do with bluetooth being 'on'?  I like to have time on display to aid listening to radio/keep appointments.  Watch wearing seems to be becoming more a fashion accessory thesedays.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 05:55:22 PM »
From the Home page on the main screen, find settings, then system, and then scroll down to daylight saving, which can be on or off.
However, I’ve just noticed that your Jazz is 1.4, i.e. a Mk 2, so this advice will probably not apply. I’ve forgotten what I used to do on my Mk 2 but I remember it was a bit of a pain.  Sorry!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:12:45 PM by Downsizer »

Geordielad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2018
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 06:04:58 PM »
From the manual...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 06:27:26 PM by Geordielad »

Geordielad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2018
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 06:10:12 PM »
Oops, sorry for duplicating pic D’oh
Fixed it now 👍🏻
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 06:28:05 PM by Geordielad »

Jazzygirl2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 11:51:34 PM »
I have model 3 ( Nov 2015).  Maybe it was because I was trying to do change with engine/ignition off?  But you cannot adjust when car moving.  Must dig out manual! 

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 04:17:54 AM »
Quite a few things you can't do without the handbrake on.
Let's be careful out there !

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 11:31:20 AM »
Sad to have to report unsuccessful attempt .... I got as far as 'date/time'  but then would not allow any of options listed under  be selected.  And this time no 'swipe' needed which was defo the key bit of former attempts.  I wonder if something to do with bluetooth being 'on'?  I like to have time on display to aid listening to radio/keep appointments.  Watch wearing seems to be becoming more a fashion accessory thesedays.

Hi @Jazzygirl2. You’ve already got the instructions I provided originally, and I double-checked those were still good when I did my own clock adjustment yesterday. Downsizer provided the same instructions. Your message I’ve quoted above says you got to “date/time” ... but there’s no such stage in the instruction sequence, which suggests you went wrong somewhere and ended up with the wrong set of options. It’s easy to get lost in the hierarchy of menus. I suggest you go back and try again, being very careful to follow the instructions exactly.

FWIW, I wouldn’t bother trying to find this in the handbook. That says the DST setting controls whether you want the system to change the time automatically or manually ... but it doesn’t work. It’s ridiculous that this doesn’t happen automatically, even my 20-year old central heating timer - which does not have any web or radio connectivity at all - manages to do it!

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 08:37:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

I never adjust the old clock at home, every day it will be right fot two seconds.

Tags: