Author Topic: First year of second Jazz Report  (Read 1015 times)

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
First year of second Jazz Report
« on: October 02, 2019, 02:24:03 PM »
I've just clicked over into my 13th month of my second Jazz, a cracking 13 plate 1.4 ES. My first Jazz was a '56 CVT, and this is a manual.

Not much to report, if I'm honest.  The battery died in my second week of ownership, but it's a six year old car, and the new battery fitted in September last year has been perfect. Also, my impression is the car hadn't been well maintained. My local garage reported none of the filters had been changed, the oil was mucky and the back brakes were worn right down. I've also had them replaced, and am told that I can forget about them now - I'll have changed car before they become an issue.

Like my previous Jazz, battery apart, my Silver Tardis has been 100% reliable. The manual gearbox is an absolute gem.  The engine purrs along at all sensible speeds, I'm getting 48-50 MPG, and a run from here in Stockport to Tenby, down the spine of Wales on the A483, carrying four up and all our luggage proved the Jazz to be roomy, versatile and economical.

It has also served me well while ferrying a family member suffering from cancer to and from local hospitals, and as we all know, is wonderfully easy to park. One less thing to worry about when life is a bit fraught.

Things I like: the space is amazing, mostly to people who don't know the car. Ditto the boot. Reliability. Economy. Good roadholding, feels solid in bad weather. Just the overall feeling of quality. It's a nice car to drive.

Things I don't like? Not much. Most of that to do with the aggressive nature of Audi and other "performance" drivers (usually the Max Power brigade with exhausts scooped from the Space Shuttle), who tend to see the Jazz as a bit of a target, even when doing the max permitted speed limits, as I tend to do. The seats could be a bit more comfortable, but that said, I've never got out of it with back ache.

In due course, I may go for a newer automatic, but it will be my third Jazz, without any doubts whatsoever.

Cheers
Nigel

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: First year of second Jazz Report
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »
Glad you like your Jazz.
Great cars that don't always get the good press that they deserve.
I hope you're family member is getting on ok. Been there.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 08:56:59 PM »
Most folk scoff at the dowdy pensioner mobile that is the Jazz, but they just don’t get how good it really is.

Mine is also a 1.4 and I am getting 48.5 mpg.
There’s no fuss, you just get in and drive.
Tardis like space and versatility that belies it’s dimensions and so reliable too.

I have fitted LED headlight bulbs but can’t think of anything else that needs changing to make it better at what it does.

Steve

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4l Honda Jazz 2013 Toffee Apple Red - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:46:56 PM »
i got 1 1.4l 13reg last month, despite nearly always haveing the ECO light on im only getting 45.5mpg

Tags:

anything