Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Handbrake or Brake hold?
« Last post by Marmoset on June 24, 2024, 07:30:47 PM »
They told me it was a security reason,
the handbrake must also be able to be used by the passenger in case of emergency (e.g. driver becoming ill), the ignition key is also placed on the side of the steering wheel towards the center of the car, so the passenger can turn off the car in case of emergency (at least in Italy it is like this)
The Power button is on the right-hand side of the steering wheel in the UK.  So well out of the reach of front seat passengers.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Clear radio memory
« Last post by Wonder on June 24, 2024, 07:24:01 PM »
HI,
Has anyone discovered how to delete stored stations from the display?
For example, I have 10 stations stored and now I would only like 4.
Is it possible to do this in new cars?
Thanks for the info
(Sorry for the errors, I used Google Translate)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Handbrake or Brake hold?
« Last post by Wonder on June 24, 2024, 07:20:03 PM »
They told me it was a security reason,
the handbrake must also be able to be used by the passenger in case of emergency (e.g. driver becoming ill), the ignition key is also placed on the side of the steering wheel towards the center of the car, so the passenger can turn off the car in case of emergency (at least in Italy it is like this)
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Hot water light randomly blinking
« Last post by Dwight on June 24, 2024, 06:39:48 PM »
Hello fellow Jazz owners,

First of all, what a car. I love it. Got it from my stepfather who after lending it to my brother, had it back with a knocking engine (brother didn't know the oil light turning on wasn't a fashion statement by the car), decided to put it on the scrap, and I said hell no, give it to me, I'll make it shine bright again.

Changed the engine about 1 and half year ago, car had 240.000km and now about 255.000km. The new L13A1 engine is about 190.000km as of today. In the process I took advantage of the occasion of changing the engine to fully service the car, so have done about anything I could think of at the time, like engine mounts, new belts, oil and fluids services, filters, spark plugs, the clutch and even the gearbox oil etc.

Ran like a charm eversince. It's a car which runs on e85 most of the time. About 70% E85 30% SP95 in winter for smoother start up, and when the weather gets warm mid spring, it's 100% e85 until the last days of autumn.

Maybe this is irrelevant to some, but maybe to some it would be to precise all of those things, like changing the engine and using E85 as fuel daily.

So the thing is, about a week or so ago, I was cruising on the ringroad, and suddenly, in a slope, going about 90 km/h, the red hot water light flashed a few times and kept doing it for few seconds. Hopefully I was about to take the next exit, so I did. And a few minutes later it did it again while cruising at about 50 km/h in the city, on a boulevard.

Kind of freaked out, went home, checked the water level, and doesn't seem like there is any leak from anywhere, it doesn't even seem like water has dropped since the engine and the new fluids have been put on. But it's kind of hard to see the level considering the position of the vase.

Checked it again in the next morning, and the car was slightly tilted on the passenger side, but not enough to give me an approximate reading in case it was critical. And I saw the level of water seemed way above the "max" mark. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that when the engine is cold, I always struggled to know if those min and max markings are supposed to be meaningful when the engine is hot or cold, because when the circuit is open and so is the thermostat, is open, I suppose the level would drop quite a bit, so I guess it could be my first question here:
1. How to read the level exactly, in what condition (hot or cold engine), what to check?
2. What about the radiator itself, considering the cap is on the latter, should the radiator ne filled up fully and the surplus of water then drops into the vase and has to be on the max marking?

So those were rookies questions, but I'm more familiar with VAG cars, it's new for me to put my hand in a Japanese car, I apologize for it.

As for the overheating, it wasn't over. Yesterday, did about 15 km, no problem, big slope and all, made it where I wanted to go. Turn the engine off, 5 mins after I drive back home, on a rather flat road, overheat light starts to flash again for about 5 or 10 secs, then disappear, then it does it again, and it was like that all the way home, even at 90 km/h, where the wind is strong. Weirdly, seems like it does it less when I'm stationnary, so maybe it has something to do with the engine rev.

At some point I stopped for about 10 minutes, when I started the car again, fan kicked on (oh yea forgot to mention, the fan does kick on, seems to work properly at full speed, and so does the heater inside the car) and immediately the heat light started to flash again. Went home and didn't use the car until this morning.

Took the kids to school, short trip, not particularely high rev, no flashing light. However this time I had my ELM 327 plugged in, connected to my phone with some OBDII app allowing me to monitor the car informations, such as the water temp.

Monitored it all through the trip this morning, seemed to heat up quite fast, in about 5 minutes I was at 84C and then it went up and down, sometimes nearing the 100C mark, but weirdly going back to like 84/85C in a matter of second. No overheat light came up at all.

When I arrived home, I let the car engine on, and started reving it gently at about constant 3000 rpms and naturally the temp rose slowly but surely, at about 94/95C the thermostat must have opened because I heard the fan kicking, got out immediately and checked if it was leaking on the ground, if the fan was spinning quick, if the airflow was in the good direction, even touched the pipes (hot), and didn't see anything in particular...

I went back in the car and waited, and saw the temp keeping on rising while the fan was still running, it went at about 105C while the fan was turning and I decided to stop the car because I was afraid to damage the engine. Still has not seen the overheating light in the process though, but I'm sure if I kept waiting, eventually it could have reached the temp where the light decides to flash. Don't know at what temp it is though; above 105C I suppose.

Checked the oil level, fine, no trace of headgasket blown either, considering the car doesn't smoke, and there isn't any white mayo on the caps yet.

Put my hand on the first radiator you can feel when you reach below the front bumper, thinking it would be my water radiator, and found it cold, so I was excited because I thought it was a thermostat problem and could fix it then, but then I thought about it and it might have been the AC radiator which I touched, I don't know. I think there's a smaller one behind it which I touched too and it was not cold. So thermostat opens I guess.

So now I don't really know what to do to diagnose what is wrong with the car. Could buy a new thermostat, but there are several available on Autodoc, with different opening temp and I don't know which one is the good one (My thermostat OEM is 19301PZA305). Could also change the temp sensor while I'm at it, and even the radiator switch despite it seemingly working or at least kicking it. Those 3 parts would cost me a few, and thought I could maybe grab the opportunity to like flush the radiator good since I will drain the water to change the parts.

However I don't know how to bleed the circuit properly once everything is put in place.

I don't know what to do guys, what's your opinion on this one? I'll try to answer any question and will take any suggestion. Thanks

P.S Apologies for english, tried my best to be clear, but my mind is racing, and unfortunately it's racing in my native tongue. Feel free to tell me if some part seems confusing.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Jump start - Jazz manual 2018
« Last post by ColinB on June 24, 2024, 06:01:36 PM »
I'm having to jump start it again (using Halfords Lithium Jump Starter 2L)
Pay attention to connections, the negative lead MUST be connected to the part pointed in green.

Hmm, the handbook actually directs you to use an earth stud on the other side of the engine. Not sure why that should be? And most of the lithium battery packs don't have leads long enough to do that.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Help me with Crosstar white shades!
« Last post by ahavoja on June 24, 2024, 05:23:44 PM »
In winter the black roof could heat up more under sunshine, helping to warm up the cabin.

In hot summer weather the white roof should help to keep the cabin cool. So for maximum comfort, one should drive a white car in the summer, and a black car in the winter.

At least in New Zealand it seems to be available in two tone color: https://www.honda.co.nz/jazz/jazz-crosstar-two-tone/
« Last post by jazzaro on June 24, 2024, 04:26:49 PM »
I'm having to jump start it again (using Halfords Lithium Jump Starter 2L)
Pay attention to connections, the negative lead MUST be connected to the part pointed in green.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Help me with Crosstar white shades!
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on June 24, 2024, 03:50:48 PM »
I am torn between a two tone white with black roof, or another thats just white.

I found with two tone variation the white was more white than anything else, next to the other which had the more pearl colours in the sun.

Did Honda release the Crosstar in a more plain white two tone?
I used to have a Crosstar in Sunlight White with a black roof, there was another shade of white I think it was Premium White Pearl so the two whites you're looking at may well be different
« Last post by jazzyb88 on June 24, 2024, 03:03:12 PM »
If you can get hold of a digital multimeter, it will really help to diagnose the issue. They are not very expensive, usually 10 EUR or around that price.
« Last post by Xlogo on June 24, 2024, 02:52:44 PM »
Have you got a multi meter? With the engine running, I would be checking the battery to see whether the alternator is charging the battery properly. If not, that is probably the culprit. Otherwise, turn off, wait about an hour and then check for a parasitic draw.

Hi,

Thanks - I don't have a meter so have left it in for these to be checked.

👍
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10