Author Topic: Lights in Europe  (Read 1060 times)

BigT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Ex
Lights in Europe
« on: June 26, 2022, 03:20:07 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum having just purchased a Mk4 Jazz EX. I'll be taking the car to Austria in two weeks and a couple of things are stumping me.

1) Do the Jazz LED dipped headlights need corrective lenses
2) France in particular wants drivers to carry spare bulbs. Suggestions.

Thanks guys.

Regards,

Tony

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Lights in Europe
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 03:43:21 PM »
Let's be careful out there !

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 04:15:52 PM »
Spare bulbs ordered from Amazon, that I think are correct ones:
Bosch W16W (955) Pure Light car light bulbs
Philips 12071B2 Light Bulbs Glass Base WY21W   wary that this is yellow not amber.
Prob better getting them from dealer, and comment was made that bulb may vary.
But at least I have something. The Halfords and mother bulb sites have not caught up with the mk4

And thanks to links, I have ordered the France and Germany clean air stickers today.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T9D75D4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BTFF53W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
https://www.jpmotorcycles.co.uk/ourshop/prod_6240848-Honda-GL1800-SH125-SH150-Amber-Wedge-Bulb-33303S2R003.html

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 04:32:48 PM »
Spare bulbs ordered from Amazon, that I think are correct ones:
Bosch W16W (955) Pure Light car light bulbs
Philips 12071B2 Light Bulbs Glass Base WY21W   wary that this is yellow not amber.
Prob better getting them from dealer, and comment was made that bulb may vary.
But at least I have something. The Halfords and mother bulb sites have not caught up with the mk4

And thanks to links, I have ordered the France and Germany clean air stickers today.

The bulbs you mention don't fit the Mk4 which are LED and are dealer fit only.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T9D75D4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BTFF53W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
https://www.jpmotorcycles.co.uk/ourshop/prod_6240848-Honda-GL1800-SH125-SH150-Amber-Wedge-Bulb-33303S2R003.html

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 05:11:20 PM »
Rear indicator and reverse are replaceable bulbs going by user guide (pg 500 odd), but they only give wattage rather than bulb type. Hence assumption that they are same as older jazz.

BigT

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Ex
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 05:33:54 PM »
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your responses guys. It would seem this French Spare Bulb legislation is somewhat outdated in view of LED's and serves merely to tick a box. I'll pop down to Halfords and get a pack of cheap bulbs to satisfy any eager beaver Gendarme along with 2 x Warning Triangles, First Aid Kit and Yellow jackets. Not to mention a 'UK' sticker. Cheers, Tony

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 06:18:12 PM »
Yellow jackets have to be in the car - usually the glove box is the best place.

It’s an easy fine for the cops, you tell them that you have the yellow jacket and when they ask to see them it’s a fine if you have to get out.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 09:43:18 PM »
In the glove box(es) I usually have other clutter, such as spare glasses and sunglasses, garage remote control, a small flashlight and a lot more not to mention clutter.
For those yellow jackets is a great place at the back of the backrests of the front seats. It seems as if those pockets were made especially for them.  ;)
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 10:22:39 AM »
Many countries also require a fire extinguisher. (but possibly not France)  A small basic one  may not be good enough.  . Some countries include a check as part of the local 'mot'  that the extinguisher is still within its use by date, and is fitted with a pressure gauge still in its green zone.    So to be on the safe size, in more ways than one,   its best to also meet these standards. 

A few countries also require a tow rope
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 10:40:48 AM »

That’s one way to destroy a hybrid. Although you can tow someone else with it. I keep one in my RAV4 and towed a classic VW Camper van to safety as it broke down on a bad bend.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 12:00:45 PM »

That’s one way to destroy a hybrid. Although you can tow someone else with it. I keep one in my RAV4 and towed a classic VW Camper van to safety as it broke down on a bad bend.

I agree, but in an emergency  such as you describe, so is leaving one abandoned that  could  otherwise be moved to somewhere safer. It might even  save lives.Or help others.     (I doubt a first aid kit containing with a few piddling bandages have saved many lives.But requiring learner drivers to take lessons in resuscitation and how to stop severe bleeding  undoubtedly has saved lives.  )

Incidentallly I have just checked the extinguisher I carry.  It  has expired  :-[   . but its still well into the green on the gauge . And the bottle of  hydrogen peroxide  in my First aid kit (the only useful thing in it) has not only expired, but evaporated away.  :o
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: