Author Topic: First impressions of new Jazz SR MkIV Hybrid  (Read 3034 times)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: First impressions of new Jazz SR MkIV Hybrid
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2022, 12:45:58 PM »
Compare  the performance   specifications for the Jazz and the HRV ,as they might relate to engine use,and revs and noise. 

Engine maximum power    HRV  -  79 kw at 6000 - 6400 rpm          Jazz  72kw  at 5500 -6400 rpm

engine maximum torq      HRV - 131 nm at  4500 -5000  revs       Jazz  - the same

Electric motor max power    HRV - 96 kw                                Jazz    80 kw

Electric motor torque    HRV -253 nm                               Jazz     the same

0-62      HRV     - 10.6 seconds                                     Jazz       9.4 seconds 

top speed     HRV - 106 mph                                          Jazz   108 mph

Sound level drive-by    HRV  -  66 db                              Jazz  56.3 db

These performance statistics dont tell the whole story.   But it seems Honda have had to increase engine  power  to feed an upgraded electric motor to cope with extra weight .
And, on paper at least ,still dont quite match the jazz in road performance and silence  -(but in  real world driving  it may indeed be better) 

figures taken from the Honda site  (which are not always correct)

In a recent road test the HRV was getting a similar 0-60 as the Jazz, around 9 seconds.

There is quite a big difference in drive by noise, I wonder if this is caused by the 18 inch wheels as standard on the HRV?

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2022, 12:56:43 PM »
I think wheel size hardly makes a difference as for noise. Tires (profile) do.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 01:16:30 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

PaultheManc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz Hybrid SR
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 11:01:06 AM »
Additional observations after first tank refill at 470 miles.
a) New SR Jazz softer on potholes than my MkII ES Plus on 16inch tyres.  So currently happy with my 15 inch tyres. Slightly less tight feel to the steering, possibly again due to the tyre change.
b) RDMS really doesn't like grass verge country lanes.  Haven't turned it off yet - maybe I am just getting used to it - but I now have to drive all the time with two hands on the wheel (I know this is always recommended, but in quiet situations not something I have typically done).
c) Really appreciate the responsiveness (acceleration) from the electric motor; really improves the driving experience.  The MkII CVT had to be pushed to get anywhere near the responsiveness of the hybrid.
d) To my ears, the MkII had better sound from the speakers. (I have hearing impairment.)
e) I loved my silver MkII, I seldom washed it, you couldn't see the day to day dirt.  This Crystal Red makes the day to day dirt more obvious, and probably means I will have to wash it more often.
f) economy commented in other post.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 11:22:43 AM »
I turn RDMS off every powerup. Easy when you know how.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 11:43:01 AM »
I turn RDMS off every powerup. Easy when you know how.

I've also printed out the picture guide to do this and left it in the glove box in case anyone else drives the car.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2022, 12:13:14 PM »

d) To my ears, the MkII had better sound from the speakers. (I have hearing impairment.)

...I would agree with you  :)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2022, 12:50:39 PM »
b) RDMS really doesn't like grass verge country lanes.
It does! It just doesn't like you going over the grass (or any) verge!
By the way... in case you consciously want/have to drive over the edge into the grass: You have 2 options to NOT let RDMS intervene.
1. Use your turn signal.
or
2. Lower your speed below 18 mph

Haven't turned it off yet - maybe I am just getting used to it - but I now have to drive all the time with two hands on the wheel.

Hear, hear!
I definitely don't switch it off, I got used to it very quickly and I certainly won't be surprised by it anymore. I know when what to expect.
Plus, you paid for it, so use it…  ;D
And in eight and a half months I once had to say "thank you RDMS" because it prevented me from accidentally ending up in the verge of the road.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 01:30:26 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2022, 01:33:15 PM »
it prevented me from accidentally ending up in the verge of the road.

In that case you should leave yours on  ;D

alboy

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2022, 06:07:05 PM »
3 ) I don't like brake assist as if leaves your brake lights on blinding the driver behind. I use the parking brake lever so the lights go out.

8 ) Agree, I recently changed the white trimmed dash cup holders for black ones. Not so in your face IMO.
Can i please ask where you purchased the Black cup holder trims

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2022, 05:04:21 AM »
JapanHondaParts :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/japanhondapartsdiscount

They are a vendor on Civinfo.

If you mention my username they will have the part numbers on file.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2022, 07:07:21 AM »
Just for info, if I was doing it again, I don't think I'd remove the whole cup holder as the trims come off a lot easier.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2022, 09:11:16 AM »

Are you aware that the Crosstar variant has an upgraded sound system? I don’t know about earlier Jazz models but compared to my two previous cars, a Land Rover and a Golf, the Crosstar system is much better. It wasn’t an influencing factor when I bought the car but I was very pleasantly surprised when I first turned the radio on!

Tags: