Author Topic: What MPG are you getting from your Honda Jazz ?  (Read 175504 times)

guest5669

Re: What MPG are you getting from your Honda Jazz ?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2016, 11:11:49 PM »
We have a 14 plate CVT. Managed to get 66.2 mpg (computer) on a 40 mile run (Croydon to Hornchurch).

You must be driving like an angel  ;D

guest5778

• Topic Starter
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:14 PM »
Did it again and got bang on 68mpg.

I wouldn't say angel. Probably annoyed a lot people doing it lol

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 08:15:11 AM »
We have a 14 plate CVT. Managed to get 66.2 mpg (computer) on a 40 mile run (Croydon to Hornchurch).

You must be driving like an angel  ;D
Or a helpful tail wind.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5778

• Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »
Cruise control, a light right foot and forward thinking  ;)

guest5905

• Topic Starter
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2016, 10:36:43 PM »
i get 40-42mpg at high speeds on motorways. But on long runs of 70mph cruise control, i get 48mpg. the speedo shows as 55mpg-65mpg, but its a bit of a lie after i check from the petrol stations.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »
A lot depends on roads , traffic and weather.

On long motorway runs: around 53mpg (cruise at 70mph).
Urban winter 42
Urban summer 44
Going along country lanes to and from local beekeeping apiary - LOTs of hills and single track roads with passing places and top speed of 30mph - around 35mpg  (or less if there are lots of horses)

guest5669

• Topic Starter
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2016, 09:24:07 PM »
A lot depends on roads , traffic and weather.

On long motorway runs: around 53mpg (cruise at 70mph).
Urban winter 42
Urban summer 44
Going along country lanes to and from local beekeeping apiary - LOTs of hills and single track roads with passing places and top speed of 30mph - around 35mpg  (or less if there are lots of horses)

If you have any wild honey for sale ? Ill have some off you  ;)

guest5168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2016, 11:25:09 PM »
Well I'm trying to get my mpg above 50.

But the computer thingy currently reads 43.4 , it did read 44 last weekend.

Driving very carefully, upshifting with the dash light , accelerating slowly.

Used to have a heavy right foot. :D

Was hoping to get 50 mpg , to be honest I'm getting almost the same weekly fuel costs as my old 52reg D4D Rav4 with 145'000 on the clock.

Been putting in £20 a week,  so not as economical as I thought it would be.

Its a well designed,  light,  spacious,  modern, reliable and comfortable car....but I thought it would be much cheaper to run fuel wise.

This is what I don't get about people who buy brand new cars just because they want more ''fuel efficient'' car. You will be saving maybe £10 a week on petrol but will loose at least £70 a week on deprecation , that's of course for a good value holding car such as jazz.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »

Was hoping to get 50 mpg , to be honest I'm getting almost the same weekly fuel costs as my old 52reg D4D Rav4 with 145'000 on the clock.

Its a well designed,  light,  spacious,  modern, reliable and comfortable car....but I thought it would be much cheaper to run fuel wise.

This is what I don't get about people who buy brand new cars just because they want more ''fuel efficient'' car. You will be saving maybe £10 a week on petrol but will loose at least £70 a week on deprecation , that's of course for a good value holding car such as jazz.

That a good point - unless you do a lot of miles fuel costs are only a small part of running costs, depreciation can cost you a lot more and the newer the car the steeper the depreciation.  If your car maker has managed to con the authorities into believing the car is ultra frugal and low emissions (VW / Audi for instance) you may get low VED and congestion charge exempt, which is a bonus.   People with electric cars are basically getting free / cheap fuel at the moment,  but wait till the honeymoon is over and government has managed to get enough people to invest in toy cars and see the costs rise because powers that be will slap a tax on electricity and maybe fit cars with GPS to monitor how many miles you did, and where those miles were and charge you for the pleasure of using the roads you already paid for many times over.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2016, 07:38:15 PM »

That a good point - unless you do a lot of miles fuel costs are only a small part of running costs, depreciation can cost you a lot more and the newer the car the steeper the depreciation.  If your car maker has managed to con the authorities into believing the car is ultra frugal and low emissions (VW / Audi for instance) you may get low VED and congestion charge exempt, which is a bonus.   People with electric cars are basically getting free / cheap fuel at the moment,  but wait till the honeymoon is over and government has managed to get enough people to invest in toy cars and see the costs rise because powers that be will slap a tax on electricity and maybe fit cars with GPS to monitor how many miles you did, and where those miles were and charge you for the pleasure of using the roads you already paid for many times over.

same thing for the road tax. are people really buying a brand new car and swapping form old one just because the commercial says you will now be paying no tax or maybe £20 tax when they were paying maybe £100 a year tax before? To buy a new car for usually at least £20,000 just to save extra £80 a year for the 4-5years they will be owning it is just insane...

I have nothing against people buying new cars, as that means people like me will be able to pick up their car for a fraction of a cost in a few years but to buy a brand new car just to get 10 more mpg and £100 a year savings on tax is just riddicilous

stesjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 jazz 1.4ex azure blue
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »
I Inherited my azure blue 2013 Jazz 1.4ex last year when my Dad passed away, and although its not my sort of car, its not a bad small hatch for shopping and days out etc...  :P the economy over winter on very short trips can be as low as 30mpg.and on a run high 40's.... but ive fitted a k&n panel filter,for improved air flow, and i use shell v-power nitro plus fuel,(dont laugh!) and today went on a gentle drive, (cruise control set at 58mph) and i got 58.8mpg! so if you drive like a vicar they can be economical! lol.its just coming upto 3 years old and has done only 6,000miles!! just wish it was faster  ;D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2016, 05:39:24 PM »
just wish it was faster  ;D

You need to rev Honda engines,  its an 100BHP car so isn't too shady but you need to get to the 3500 / 4000 area before it gets on song.  And don't worry the engines are built to rev and you won't break the engine or wear it out any quicker by pushing the loud pedal a bit harder and changing up later,  it may surprise you,  but don't expect 58mpg though.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5669

• Topic Starter
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2016, 05:49:26 PM »
just wish it was faster  ;D

You need to rev Honda engines,  its an 100BHP car so isn't too shady but you need to get to the 3500 / 4000 area before it gets on song.  And don't worry the engines are built to rev and you won't break the engine or wear it out any quicker by pushing the loud pedal a bit harder and changing up later,  it may surprise you,  but don't expect 58mpg though.

I get about 26MPG when I use the process ;D.

stesjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 jazz 1.4ex azure blue
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »
oh i give it some revs sometimes, just looks a bit daft doing 65mph in 2nd gear in a honda jazz!! :P

guest5168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2016, 12:00:15 AM »
oh i give it some revs sometimes, just looks a bit daft doing 65mph in 2nd gear in a honda jazz!! :P
wtf? 65mph in 2nd gear? you sure are aware that after it's peak point at 3.5-4k the performance drops even tho the revs increases? I do some ''drag races'' as well  , mainly with the busses, or a car I can see that is even slower than a jazz-not many cars like that exist tho...

Tags:

anything